Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

What’s all this talk on Twitter about us in for Mitoma? Surely we’d get rinsed by Brighton for him. 

Get Mitoma 2.0 by getting Nakamura from LASK

Why would they sell to us. Utter bollocks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's rapid, but bare in mind he comes from the same team Leon did, where the style of play seems to suit them.

I've never really seen him play but have read about them.

* They have similarly recorded speeds in the Bundesliga, but Leon got " broken " here. lol

That might be the hamstrings with Leon though. I think he's just too tentative now. When he puts his head down and decides to beat his man to the touch line there aren't many in world football better at it than him. But he just never does that as he seems afraid of soemthing going. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

I'd much rather have Guendouzi in midfield and one of the La Liga linked W/F players we are supposedly in on.  We could buy both for the cost of Smith-Rowe.

Guendouzi's an interesting one - people were all for him coming in January seemigly as a replacement for McGinn. But McGinn's form has been stellar recently. Is an upgrade  needed as much now, or would he still be a big upgrade,  or would it be an expensive way of adding squad depth?

10 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Guendouzi's an interesting one - people were all for him coming in January seemigly as a replacement for McGinn. But McGinn's form has been stellar recently. Is an upgrade  needed as much now, or would he still be a big upgrade,  or would it be an expensive way of adding squad depth?

We need 2 players for each position, I guess upgrades for the systems we will play will come in to it.

We are 7th highest player wages in the league, unfortunately giving digne that wage has set our wage structure all over the place. Can't see watkins not wanting at least the same. Then other contracts, again they will be looking and wanting the same.

It's one of the big reasons we should look to offload him this summer to bring expectations down wage wise otherwise it will get out of control.

12 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Guendouzi provides starting level competition immediately for either DM or that Right Midfield position. Keep it so that no one's place in the starting eleven is taken for granted. Emery has spoken already that he wants two in each position - Guendouzi covers more than just one position!

He loves Emery. Has a good understanding with Kamara already. Has just turned 24 last week so fits the right age profile. 

He simply elevates the squad in so many ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

What’s all this talk on Twitter about us in for Mitoma? Surely we’d get rinsed by Brighton for him. 

Get Mitoma 2.0 by getting Nakamura from LASK

How long until people realise since NWSE took over 99% of Villa transfer rumours are bollocks

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Midfielders - Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam, McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, Coutinho, Bailey, Traore, Guendouzi, Goncalves, Williams

Strikers, Watkins, Thuram, Archer

When are people going to get over the fact no top team plays 2 CFs up top any more.

We're not spending big money on a player like Thuram and play together with Watkins. 

Brighton flying this season with only Welbeck(barely used) and Ferguson( Archer equivalent) and using attacking mids up front a lot of the season (Trossard who did same role at Arsenal before Jesus back)

I could wax on about other top teams that don't play 2 CFs or even have back up CF 

People can say Emery said striker is priority but I'd put money on it being attacking mid that play across front 3 upgrade on Bailey not a CF type. Plus Archer maybe used if playing more comps. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

We need a replacement for Olson. Someone like Tom Heaton (couple years ago) who doesn’t compete at the highest level anymore but can do a job. Where’s Karl Darlow these days?

I’d like a new right back to compete with Matthew Cashew. I don’t think Ashley Young has another year in him. Wan-Bissaka fits the bill but might cost a lot.

We’ll need at least one more midfielder with Nakamba and Samson likely leaving. I like the idea of Tim Iglooburnham having one more year on loan. Someone like Guendozie would be exciting.

I would like one more “winger” in that not-Ollie number ten role. I’d really like us to go for James Maddison, especially if Leicester go down. Smith-Rowe or Harvey Barnes would be very exciting instead.

I’d send John Duran Duran to the Championship for a year. Archer I think will be a player but he is still completely unproven in the Premier League (has he even scored?) I’d love a Kolo Munani style player to really give us options up there.

41 minutes ago, Enda said:

I would like one more “winger” in that not-Ollie number ten role. I’d really like us to go for James Maddison

Might as well sign a blue nose Maddison hates Villa that much. The guy goes missing for stretches every season. I figure people on here that suggest him don't follow his form enough via FPL etc. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

55 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Might as well sign a blue nose Maddison hates Villa that much. The guy goes missing for stretches every season. I figure people on here that suggest him don't follow his form enough via FPL etc. 

Calm down dear it’s only a transfer speculation thread on a fan’s football forum. 

I’d love to see Messi supplying Ollie and with SJM arse rolling the balls into him (Messi). - ain’t gonna happen but it’s the transfer /speculation rumours thread so I’m allowed to make any wacky suggestions 😂

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nick76 said:

Don’t understand? If we finish in the Top7 then surely the obvious next step is signing top PL players to not only keep us there but push higher.  Also surely you believe Martinez, Mings, Kamara, Ollie and others are on the same level as Smith-Rowe?

Why is that an obvious next step?  The Moreno signing has shown you don’t have to blindly spend over the odds on PL players to bring in quality, this manager has a wealth of knowledge about what’s available in the Spanish league I’d expect us to be looking for value abroad rather than the PL guess we’ll see come the summer.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Why is that an obvious next step?  The Moreno signing has shown you don’t have to blindly spend over the odds on PL players to bring in quality, this manager has a wealth of knowledge about what’s available in the Spanish league I’d expect us to be looking for value abroad rather than the PL guess we’ll see come the summer.

That wasn’t your point though and thus I was responding to your point.  You said 

I agree Smith Rowe would be a brilliant signing but there isn't any value in signing top PL players for us, I think we are still a way off being able to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign a single PL player in the summer.

That we are still a way off? But my response is that we are not a way off and we can should buy top PL players if the right player is available for the right deal.  I didn’t say we shouldn’t be looking abroad for better value, in fact I think that is quite desirable but my response was to the fact of the point highlighted in bold in your original comment.  

There is value in signing top PL players even at a premium for which I have discussed in the last few pages of this thread and given we have a chance of finishing in the Top 7 and the current quality in our squad, the obvious next step is to buy better players to enhance the squad and primarily the first XI which includes players from abroad of quality AND top PL players.

Emery does have a wealth of knowledge and will pick players that fit but that list will likely include players from abroad and top PL and then it will depend on budget, fit, availability and other factors but I don’t think it’s correct that we are a way off being able to do that for PL players.

Obvious next step is buy better players whether top PL players or players from abroad.  Better value abroad but generally comes with more risk whereas top PL players cost more so Emery and the club will face that this summer.  I’m not convinced Emery will only be looking at the foreign market.

Edited by nick76

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That wasn’t your point though and thus I was responding to your point.  You said 

That we are still a way off? But my response is that we are not a way off and we can should buy top PL players if the right player is available for the right deal.  I didn’t say we shouldn’t be looking abroad for better value, in fact I think that is quite desirable but my response was to the fact of the point highlighted in bold in your original comment.  

There is value in signing top PL players even at a premium for which I have discussed in the last few pages of this thread and given we have a chance of finishing in the Top 7 and the current quality in our squad, the obvious next step is to buy better players to enhance the squad and primarily the first XI which includes players from abroad of quality AND top PL players.

Emery does have a wealth of knowledge and will pick players that fit but that list will likely include players from abroad and top PL and then it will depend on budget, fit, availability and other factors but I don’t think it’s correct that we are a way off being able to do that for PL players.

Obvious next step is buy better players whether top PL players or players from abroad.  Better value abroad but generally comes with more risk whereas top PL players cost more so Emery and the club will face that this summer.  I’m not convinced Emery will only be looking at the foreign market.

Ok we disagree, I think we are a way off going on huge spending sprees on PL players and it doesn't represent the best value for the club where we are at right now, we'll see what the clubs view is come the summer.

Edited by zab6359