Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

13 hours ago, KMitch said:

I've seen two Mallorca games this season and they're very good defensively but struggle to create and finish chances.  They'd be relegation candidates if their defense wasn't so good.  That said, Kang-In Lee stood out as their best player in both games.  Small, not very rapid, but works hard in the press and can pick a pass.  Reminds me of a very raw David Silva, but he didn't give me the impression he's ready to take the Premier League by storm.  I'm alright with the signing if he's cheap and we consider him one for the future.  I have a feeling he's looking for a club to pay him and keep him under contract while he takes care of his Korean military service requirement.  

One I really like for them is Iddrisu Baba. If we're looking for another DM in case Kamara is out he'd be a good pick up I think. Feels like someone Brighton would target if Caciedo moves on.

Muriqi was linked to us a few years ago. I thought he was well into his 30s but actually only 28, 12 goals in 25 La Liga games this season. As a targetman option he could be a plan B type off the bench.

Edited by VillaChris

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

One I really like for them is Iddrisu Baba. If we're looking for another DM in case Kamara is out he'd be a good pick up I think. Feels like someone Brighton would target if Caciedo moves on.

Muriqi was linked to us a few years ago. I thought he was well into his 30s but actually only 28, 12 goals in 25 La Liga games this season. As a targetman option he could be a plan B type off the bench.

Muriqi wouldn't be the most exciting signing but would certainly offer something different to Watkins.  Could actually be a really effective plan B, with Moreno whipping in crosses for Muriqi to get on the end of.  If we were going for a target man type striker would rather have Mitrovic.

Edited by duke313

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Muriqi wouldn't be the most exciting signing but would certainly offer something different to Watkins.  Could actually be a really effective plan B, with Moreno whipping in crosses for Muriqi to get on the end of.  If we were going for a target man type striker would rather have Mitrovic.

I understand why - but the man is an arsehole. We don't need people like that around.

Look at Man U since Ronaldo (and perhaps Pogba) left - sometimes the best players can be toxic, and you are better off without them. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

I understand why - but the man is an arsehole. We don't need people like that around.

Look at Man U since Ronaldo (and perhaps Pogba) left - sometimes the best players can be toxic, and you are better off without them. 

I can think of an eerily similar situation of our own which won't be popular opinion but... 👀

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 13/04/2023 at 12:43, duke313 said:

Apparently we are at the front of the queue for Goncalves.

You know what happens next, player to decline us and Spurs swoop in at the last minute.

I know that's how it normally goes, but, I would back us to win that battle

Edited by HalfTimePost

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I know that's how it normally goes, but, I would back us to win that battle

I don't see how a team without a manager is racing to sign a player or what player in their right mind would sign for a club without a manager?

How many of you have taken a job just to have your boss leave for another opportunity or get the sack just to find the new boss doesn't particularly like you or wants someone else in the role?  The media can make up all they like, but I doubt any player will sign for a club that doesn't have a manager assuring the player he's wanted.  

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't see how a team without a manager is racing to sign a player or what player in their right mind would sign for a club without a manager?

How many of you have taken a job just to have your boss leave for another opportunity or get the sack just to find the new boss doesn't particularly like you or wants someone else in the role?  The media can make up all they like, but I doubt any player will sign for a club that doesn't have a manager assuring the player he's wanted.  

Wont surprise me if they get Ruben Amorim then they would be favourites over us.
But for now yeah I back Villa to get him if that was Emery wants. 

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would Goncalves and Guendouzi both start for us? 

I think Guendouzi is going to play a hybrid attacking role or slightly out wide right too. Could see them both playing if Goncalves plays wide left. 

30 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Linked in the Spanish press with a 30 Million Euro move for André Almeida from Valencia who actually come through the Vitoria youth academy. 

Captained the Portuguese u-21s a couple times last year apparently.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Captained the Portuguese u-21s a couple times last year apparently.

I know not necessarily needed but can we get something strength and height in this team.  Every player we seem to be linked with is 5ft 7 or 5ft 8.  Yes talent is more but I would like a bit more height and strength.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know not necessarily needed but can we get something strength and height in this team.  Every player we seem to be linked with is 5ft 7 or 5ft 8.  Yes talent is more but I would like a bit more height and strength.

Guendouzi is 6.1 plus hair.  And I am convinced that we are signing him on the first day of the transfer window.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, allani said:

Guendouzi is 6.1 plus hair.  And I am convinced that we are signing him on the first day of the transfer window.

Same here.  His form has really dropped off since January as well.  

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

• Rasmus Højlund, 
  • Marcus Thuram,
  • Khéphren Thuram 
  • Juan Foyth (tall but weak)
  • Evan Ndicka

Sorted. We'd have the tallest team in the world and it would only cost us about £100m-£120m along with a s**t ton of salary. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:
  • Rasmus Højlund, 
  • Marcus Thuram,
  • Khéphren Thuram 
  • Juan Foyth (tall but weak)
  • Evan Ndicka

Sorted. We'd have the tallest team in the world and it would only cost us about £100m-£120m along with a s**t ton of salary. :)

I wonder if the Thuram brothers could play in the same team. my brother hates having to play in the same team as me because of my erm controlling nature 😂

9 minutes ago, allani said:

Maybe but I can’t remember the last time we brought somebody we were so heavily linked with in the prior window.  The amount of times we all thought it may happen the next window with so many players down the years and it never happens and generally they are never properly linked again.  So I’m intrigued if he’s the outlier.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Maybe but I can’t remember the last time we brought somebody we were so heavily linked with in the prior window.  The amount of times we all thought it may happen the next window with so many players down the years and it never happens and generally they are never properly linked again.  So I’m intrigued if he’s the outlier.

We've not had Unai before.  There just seemed like more smoke from more reputable sources than normal (rather than lots of people jumping on the same bandwagon) and Marseilles seem to have already bought his replacement(s).  It just felt that Marseilles didn't want to sell in January but that a deal might have already been agreed (possibly based on our finishing position.  Maybe I am reading too much into that and the previous links with Emery at Arsenal.  I think he'd also be a near perfect fit for our midfield.  Him, Kamara and Luiz would be a pretty awesome combination and would allow players like McGinn, JJ or Buendia to concentrate more on the attacking side of their game.

Marseille fans tend to get a bit "testy" against their club and players when they don't act like they want them too so IF Guendouzi has already agreed to join another club it would make sense if they try and keep it under wraps for as long as possible.