Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

You made several statements you said were clear..... they aren't if they were clear people would agree

I'm not sure you understand how people work, but it's ok. 

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

It's so clear that Zaha used as a total forward has got one goal more than under performing Buendia.

It's so clear several people are dead against it, on here.

Doesn't sound very clear.

Zaha is currently a far better player than Buendia, but the latter is improving and Zaha has probably peaked. Zaha would replace Bailey/Traore though wouldn't he? With Zaha then moved to the left and Buendia on the right.

Not that I think we will sign him. He'll go to Newcastle IMO and do really well. 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Florian Wirtz is flying again after a lengthy injury, would be real statement signing and I think would work wonders for us. Very unlikely, but we thought that about Emery 

Would love Wirtz but he will be going to a UCL club. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

I think Phillip Billing at Bournemouth is coming into the right time of his career to step up.

Im not sure what role he performs for them at the moment but he always looks decent to me.

Would he work for us?

Saw the Bournemouth highlights and he was involved in everything. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Florian Wirtz is flying again after a lengthy injury, would be real statement signing and I think would work wonders for us. Very unlikely, but we thought that about Emery 

Mbappe is available for the right money too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

BBC claiming we're interested in Kalvin Phillips (again). Why is it almost every player we've been linked with lately are such painfully bad suggestions? Aubameyang, Fat Kalvin, Ziyech ...

BBC not claiming it. They have gossip section aggregating transfer sites and like the last link on BBC it's absolute trash Football Insider which hopefully is on banned list of sources because it's always full of bollocks

Every article by this guy same crap template

By Wayne Veysey

10th Apr, 2023 | 12:14pm

Sources: Aston Villa turn attention to sign Man City star Kalvin Phillips in club-record deal

Aston Villa have a strong interest in Man City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of the summer window, sources have told Football Insider.

Villa boss Unai Emery wants to add a top-class signing capable of running the midfield and believes the 27-year-old fits the bill.

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

BBC not claiming it. They have gossip section aggregating transfer sites and like the last link on BBC it's absolute trash Football Insider which hopefully is on banned list of sources because it's always full of bollocks

Every article by this guy same crap template

By Wayne Veysey

10th Apr, 2023 | 12:14pm

Sources: Aston Villa turn attention to sign Man City star Kalvin Phillips in club-record deal

Aston Villa have a strong interest in Man City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of the summer window, sources have told Football Insider.

Villa boss Unai Emery wants to add a top-class signing capable of running the midfield and believes the 27-year-old fits the bill.

Thanks, feel better now.

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Zaha is currently a far better player than Buendia, but the latter is improving and Zaha has probably peaked. Zaha would replace Bailey/Traore though wouldn't he? With Zaha then moved to the left and Buendia on the right.

Not that I think we will sign him. He'll go to Newcastle IMO and do really well. 

I don't doubt Zaha is better than those two, but I'm not interested in a back up to Buendia with no resale value, a massive signing fee and huge wages that will also decline due to age/injury.

Also we don't play two forwards we play 1 forward that drifts wide with a striker.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Very unlikely? Mate he is one of the top rated players in world football, aim lower.

Emery has said in an interview before the Forest game that we will be in for a striker in the summer, and that we are after 2 players for every position. 

I know it's a lazy link, but I just have this strong feeling that we'll be in for Tammy. Don't think he’ll be averse to coming back, and it gives us an option. He's a different player to Ollie as well, so tactically there is that.

Also, I can see us getting a backup DM, but I would be surprised (thankfully) if it's Phillips. I would have said yes to him 3 or 4 years ago, but I think he's possibly on the downslide.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

If Smith gets the Leicester job long term (presumably he just needs to keep them up for that to happen), I could definitely see him going for Konsa in the summer, and I think that'd be a great opportunity for Villa.

The Ings sale showed that they definitely need to balance the books for FFP. Emery said before they sold Ings that they didn't intend to sell him, and he has said since that they will definitely target another striker this summer. Ings would definitely have played a bunch if he had stayed as well. They just had to do the deal because the financials were just too good not to (and maybe European football looked reasonably unattainable at that point).

The reality is that if we're ambitious, we'll be pushing FFP to the limits, and that means doing deals where there's good value for guys that are not going to start.

We signed Diego Carlos for 30m as a ball playing CB (and he's older, has no resale value until he plays regularly again and has a much higher pedigree than Konsa). Mings is our best ball playing CB and has been by far our best defender and has just signed a new contract, so neither of them are going anywhere.

Chambers has been preferred to Dendonker in midfield, has filled in pretty well at RB and has also played well at CB. He was badly exposed by the best attack in the league at CB, but in general, he's been solid, so that kind of return and flexibility is about as much as you can hope for from a 4th choice CB. Also, no one is paying 1/8th of Konsa's market value for Chambers.

If we were to make a solid profit on him, it would open up the doors for multiple other moves.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

If Smith gets the Leicester job long term (presumably he just needs to keep them up for that to happen), I could definitely see him going for Konsa in the summer, and I think that'd be a great opportunity for Villa.

The Ings sale showed that they definitely need to balance the books for FFP. Emery said before they sold Ings that they didn't intend to sell him, and he has said since that they will definitely target another striker this summer. Ings would definitely have played a bunch if he had stayed as well. They just had to do the deal because the financials were just too good not to (and maybe European football looked reasonably unattainable at that point).

The reality is that if we're ambitious, we'll be pushing FFP to the limits, and that means doing deals where there's good value for guys that are not going to start.

We signed Diego Carlos for 30m as a ball playing CB (and he's older, has no resale value until he plays regularly again and has a much higher pedigree than Konsa). Mings is our best ball playing CB and has been by far our best defender and has just signed a new contract, so neither of them are going anywhere.

Chambers has been preferred to Dendonker in midfield, has filled in pretty well at RB and has also played well at CB. He was badly exposed by the best attack in the league at CB, but in general, he's been solid, so that kind of return and flexibility is about as much as you can hope for from a 4th choice CB. Also, no one is paying 1/8th of Konsa's market value for Chambers.

If we were to make a solid profit on him, it would open up the doors for multiple other moves.

FFP isn't an issue for us. So we don't need to sell any of our key players.

We've bookable profit coming in from the sales of Hause, Davis, Naka, Sanson, Traore and Chambers. We will drop our annual FFP cost of Watkins by about £2m per year with a new contract.  

We could look at sales of one of Digne (16m), Coutinho (13m), Bailey (13m), Dendoncker (10m), but would need to sell more than book value in brackets to book profit. Or sell one of Philogene or Archer if we wanted some extra all profit sales

Edited by CVByrne

Anyone for Alexis Mac Allister?

I really rate him - can play across the midfielder. We have a South American contingent, which can't hurt. And Brighton are a team would we would like to weaken if we are progress (which is amazing given their resources).

I'm sure others will be in for him - but we said that about Kamara. 

• Like 1