Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

18 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think people are more concerned that spending £40-£50m on Abraham isn’t good value for money considering it’s arguable whether he’s any better than Watkins. In fact, Watkins would be starting for United at the moment given the alternative is that donkey Weghorst. If we’re spending £50m on a forward player, it’s going to be on someone playing just behind Watkins or in a wide position.

But then you knew that. 

I dont think watkins is undroppable to be honest like a lot of fans seem to imply. He is on great form now so of course he should remian in the side but all of last season and a majority of this season he hasnt been good.

Im hopeful now emery is a excellent manager he will continue to get best out of ollie. For me we should be aiming for someone like tammy to compete  with ollie

40m for tammy is not bad value at all in todays climate. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think watkins is undroppable to be honest like a lot of fans seem to imply. He is on great form now so of course he should remian in the side but all of last season and a majority of this season he hasnt been good.

Im hopeful now emery is a excellent manager he will continue to get best out of ollie. For me we should be aiming for someone like tammy to compete  with ollie

40m for tammy is not bad value at all in todays climate. 

Its not bad value but we also have another problem that man it's don't, we are still squad building, reading through this thread you'll see people saying we need 6/7/8 players with a complete guess of £150-200m to spend

Tammy would take a quarter of that budget off straight away for a player that I'm still not convinced is a huge upgrade on Watkins, last summer we had less to spend and he would have cost more so it made even less sense

Tammy to utd for £40m makes a tonne of sense to them, even if he's not a guaranteed starter theyll play in enough competitions to give him plenty of games, again made less sense for us because as we saw with Ings there was no balance to our squad and we can't keep two strikers happy right now

I'd take Tammy, good player but even at that money I still don't think he's the upgrade on our team that we could achieve with say a £40m winger, CB or CM and we can't buy a £40m player in every position

On 25/02/2023 at 08:48, gwi1890 said:

On what basis? I watch a fair bit of a European football but never watch the Portuguese league. Do you regularly watch him play?

On the basis of him playing in either of our so called wide midfield spots.

I have seen him play 5 or 10 times before, It is in the data too.

• Thanks 1

On 25/02/2023 at 12:07, MaVilla said:

wow, a new click bait phrase to add to the list.

Aston Villa will come with force........

Wont be long before Birmingham Mail are using that one.

Knowing the Birmingham mail they will get it wrong and use 'cum with force'! 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

The forever Spanish conveyor belt of cultured midfielders continues with Gabri Veiga being linked with a move to the Prem (not us) … 

Looks a great prospect 

There’s some talent in that division, as there is in Portugal. I fully expect us to be shopping in these leagues in the Summer. I’d be surprised if we didn’t bring in at least two players from la liga and one from the Primera Liga.

51 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

You've got £100 million to spend, but you can only spend it on one player.

Which position in our current side are you spending the money on?

The money will stay in my pocket as there is no way a 100 million pound player would sign for us.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wilko154 said:

You've got £100 million to spend, but you can only spend it on one player.

Which position in our current side are you spending the money on?

Central midfielder even though a winger is probably more of a priority a world class midfielder can transform a team.

• Like 1