Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Yes, if we wait until summer then it’s better to look elsewhere anyway. 

Totally.  He'll fill the gap for now.  Which means we can take the pressure off Duran and give him more time to develop/adapt to the league, with him eventually replacing Dembele or Watkins.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

His last season at Arsenal had 11 goal contributions, 4 of which were goals, in 30 games.

In terms of minutes apparently it was circa 1800, so an average of 60 mins per game, or the equivalent of 20 full games.

I'd certainly take that over relying on Watkins, Duran and and Bailey for the rest of the season.

Still quite poor? 4 goals in 1800 minutes is equal to Watkins 3 goals in 1450 minutes (this season). But Lacazette also took penalties and only scored 2 non-penalty goals in those 1800 minutes.

My point wasn't that Lacazette is crap, but Ligue 1 seems easy. Watkins could probably get good numbers there.

34 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That's also a reminder about the difference between leagues.

At Lyon, Lacazette has 15 goal contributions in 19 games this season (11 goals). Last season Arsenal got rid of him because his numbers were awful (4 goals in 30 games).

Yes but that could simply be due to a number of things. Arsenal not playing to his style. Going from playing with aubamayeng to 19 year olds he doesn't have chemistry with etc. Just a particularly poor patch of finishing. He's been an around average finisher most of his career but that last season of arsenal he was down right atrocious. 

Fitness issues as well, I think he was dealing with some hamstring issues his last few seasons at the Emirates.

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Still quite poor? 4 goals in 1800 minutes is equal to Watkins 3 goals in 1450 minutes (this season). But Lacazette also took penalties and only scored 2 non-penalty goals in those 1800 minutes.

My point wasn't that Lacazette is crap, but Ligue 1 seems easy. Watkins could probably get good numbers there.

Again that's a deceiving thing. Lacazette simply just massively under performed his xG that season. When every other season except this one he outperformed or equalled his xG. He just couldn't hit a barn door that season that doesn't mean that because he's playing well for a team that obviously suits him and is in his home country that Ligue 1 is that much worse (it is worse but xG between leagues is basically the same in terms of finishing if we create the same chances for moussa he gets at Lyon he would perform similarly)

I can see this happening quite quickly now that Ings has officially gone, if the player is interested that is. 

Which I can't imagine he wouldn't be, even if he has other PL offers, we are still the best option.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I can see this happening quite quickly now that Ings has officially gone, if the player is interested that is. 

Which I can't imagine he wouldn't be, even if he has other PL offers, we are still the best option.

Unless Chelsea…..

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

So if West Ham avoid relegation Villa get an additional £3m from the Danny Ings sale.

Dembele is available for £3m.

Could turn out to be a free transfer!

Yes. If you ignore the 30 million we paid for Ings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nigel said:

Tbf I'm better than ollie based on that!

Wheres the 'run around a lot' metric?

Closest would be pressing stats but fbref removed that a few months ago.

I remember his pressing stats being good, but not as good as you'd think based on how people describe him.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yes. If you ignore the 30 million we paid for Ings.

We could’ve kept him and failed to sell him next summer. Atleast we got back what we could. I liked him but he isn’t starting. His wages compared to Dembele is also on the side of reducing losses. 
We can’t afford to do such a signing. We’re stuck with Coutinho right now and it’s not easy to sell Dinge.

12 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We could’ve kept him and failed to sell him next summer. Atleast we got back what we could. I liked him but he isn’t starting. His wages compared to Dembele is also on the side of reducing losses. 
We can’t afford to do such a signing. We’re stuck with Coutinho right now and it’s not easy to sell Dinge.

Dembele’s salary if he comes will be on par, if not more than Ings.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

None....its a squad.

We need a quality squad.....the days of just  a first 11 are behind us.

He will come in and have to fight for his place, like the rest.

Agreed as we improve our league positions over the next few seasons (hopefully) we’ll be buying players not necessarily to replace them, but to give us quality depth. Having Dembele/Watkins/Bailey/Duran/Possiblyanother striker in the summer are not bad options to have. A good mix between pace, strength and technique.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I just wish we had signed a solid replacement first. He scored goals. He scores goals everywhere he has been and he will no doubt score goals at West Ham. 

Hopefully we will strengthen in the summer and can score enough goals to finish 10th this season. Doubtful but not impossible, especially if we start to defend better.

Â