Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We are compliant within the rules and the presumed CL money will help a lot. Nothing to woryy about. 

We got compliant by selling players. I can't remember if Archer, Ramsey and Philogene-Bidace etc. Count in the latest figures (One of which we need to buy back)

We'll have to sell somebody this summer. Making CL helps with who it is. From the Duran, Digne, Carlos list rather than the Dougie, Emi, Ollie list. Hopefully we can get by on selling kids again but we'll need new players and all the current ones will have some kind of financial incentive based on us reaching Top 4.

CL certainly won't make it all go away. The real challenge is affording it when we're in it but also maintaining the squad we build even if we aren't in it every year.

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

If champions league qualification is sorted the money comes rolling in from sponsors, I'm sure we will have deals just waiting to be rubber stamped. I think we're going to see quite a bit of money spent and fringe players let go, Durans a brilliant impact sub, perfect tbh, willing to be direct and risk losing possession to score.

Would we swap him for Tammy Abraham's? I think i would...

Tammy Abraham's what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We got compliant by selling players. I can't remember if Archer, Ramsey and Philogene-Bidace etc. Count in the latest figures (One of which we need to buy back)

We'll have to sell somebody this summer. Making CL helps with who it is. From the Duran, Digne, Carlos list rather than the Dougie, Emi, Ollie list. Hopefully we can get by on selling kids again but we'll need new players and all the current ones will have some kind of financial incentive based on us reaching Top 4.

CL certainly won't make it all go away. The real challenge is affording it when we're in it but also maintaining the squad we build even if we aren't in it every year.

will we?

who said that as a fact? football insider?

going to be interesting this summer when every club has to sell key players to comply with FFP and yet the PL still somehow manages to spend £2bn

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

will we?

who said that as a fact? football insider?

going to be interesting this summer when every club has to sell key players to comply with FFP and yet the PL still somehow manages to spend £2bn

We've had to sell somebody every summer, so I assume that'll continue.

Our costs will rise and our revenue, whilst improving, is still miles short of the other Top 6 clubs. Even with Adidas, Betano and CL.

1 hour ago, kidlewis said:

He needs a Duran Duran chant that’s  for sure but the question is which song?

He's name is Duran and he dances on the wing :D

voEReGk.jpeg

• Haha 1

McGinn said in his interview to Sky that Jhon's a bit of a nightmare and that the team will need to keep his feet on the ground after his goals against plop. Sounds like he's got a bit of an ego and that seems to go against the prevailing mood in the camp. Having said that, I'm sure if he can back up his ego with goals then happy days!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kidlewis said:

He needs a Duran Duran chant that’s  for sure but the question is which song?

To the chorus of Rio

"His name is Duran and he dances through defence/Just like Juan Pablo he is f***ing immense/And when he shoots, he really shows what he's about/Oh Duran, Duran, will score without a doubt"

Crap I know but I needed to get it out of my head 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bunnski said:

Such an exiting player, hope we hold onto him and he grows into a man over the off season

He's "A man for all seasons"!

With the way nobody celebrates much with him, the manager's praise for him always being carefully qualified, McGinn's comments, the sudden transfer talk that suspiciously manifested last year...idk I wouldn't be surprised if he goes sooner than later,  and it might be one where you just have to say he wasn't personally a good fit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

With the way nobody celebrates much with him, the manager's praise for him always being carefully qualified, McGinn's comments, the sudden transfer talk that suspiciously manifested last year...idk I wouldn't be surprised if he goes sooner than later,  and it might be one where you just have to say he wasn't personally a good fit.

Players celebrate with him. They didn't celebrate the first goal because we were down at the time. And he immediately ran back to the halfway line. 

The others also ran back after the third. Diaby immediately sprinted back before the ball even crossed the line.

His other goals when we've not been losing he's had plenty of people celebrating with. The one where he did 16 celebrations vs ajax basically the entire team celebrated with him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Think it will be Ramsay to a promoted club, probably Ipswich.

Ipswich won't be spending 50/60 million on Ramsey

Â