Jhon Durán

PieFacE

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually wondered if that's why JPA was in the country a few days ago.

That’s interesting JV, how do you know this? I’m not questioning your knowledge or asking you to reveal a source, I’m just curious mate.  

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think he wants out except maybe he is annoyed at how the online fanbase have mainly swung against him from the get go. If Archer wasnt the other striker this wouldnt have happened

People finding the smallest thing to get offended about by Duran

Why would he be reading online stuff on here? More likely to be reading stuff by the Colombian fans like that journo who was quoted on the other page.

I think the problem for Duran is this. He had a decent start to the season scoring two prem goals and also in europa. He probably thought he'd done enough to start Chelsea away given Ollie hadn't scored at that point.Ollie hit the winner on that day and then followed it up with hat trick v Brighton so I think reality has dawned on Duran that he's not going to be a regular CF anytime soon and that's possibly impacted on his mood.

It's a tricky one. We seem to be applying the same method as with Davis, keep him around for years with the odd sub cameo while player is desperate for regular minutes out on loan and then belatedly we do it.

It's not like he has more chance of starting games from this point unless Ollie gets a long term injury given the increasing stakes in league and cup from this point, I very much doubt he'll start at Chelsea in the cup which would actually be a really good test for him. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Why would he be reading online stuff on here? More likely to be reading stuff by the Colombian fans like that journo who was quoted on the other page.

I think the problem for Duran is this. He had a decent start to the season scoring two prem goals and also in europa. He probably thought he'd done enough to start Chelsea away given Ollie hadn't scored at that point.Ollie hit the winner on that day and then followed it up with hat trick v Brighton so I think reality has dawned on Duran that he's not going to be a regular CF anytime soon and that's possibly impacted on his mood.

It's a tricky one. We seem to be applying the same method as with Davis, keep him around for years with the odd sub cameo while player is desperate for regular minutes out on loan and then belatedly we do it.

It's not like he has more chance of starting games from this point unless Ollie gets a long telrm injury given the increasing stakes in league and cup from this point, I very much doubt he'll start at Chelsea in the cup which would actually be a really good test for him. 

He is 20 years old. He has grown up on social media and probably sees all the post having a pop at him

As said have never seen a Villa youngster get this much harsh treatment before and its a disgrace. He was a teenager until last month

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s interesting JV, how do you know this? I’m not questioning your knowledge or asking you to reveal a source, I’m just curious mate.  

Saw photos of him and John Gregory on social media mate.

Saying " It's been 25 years since we last saw each other " etc along those lines.

Nothing ground breakingly ITK whatsoever 😂.

I'll try to find the post.

Edit: Found @DaveAV1

Come to think of it... JG actually could have been in Colombia FFS 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's not like he has more chance of starting games from this point unless Ollie gets a long term injury given the increasing stakes in league and cup from this point, I very much doubt he'll start at Chelsea in the cup which would actually be a really good test for him. 

He's played in nearly every game this season, except the ones he's not been fully fit for due to a toe infection. He'd have started 2 more games and come on as a sub in 2 others. He's coming on at closer to 60 minutes than 80 minutes now. We have another cup to play him in now, and as we get to the business stages of ECL he'll inevitably get league starts as we have to rotate ollie. 

The signing didn't really make sense last year and still doesn't really IMO. He needs to be playing more but he is clearly at the moment not as good as Watkins and we only play one up front. 

A season-long loan at a decent championship club would test his development. I wouldn't read too much into JPA. Yes they both from the same city in Columbia but not sure how much they have in common as Angel is probably old enough to be his dad.

38 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Funny isn’t it. Every single thread on this forum is ‘whatever Emery wants’, ‘in Emery trust’ and yet when it’s quite clearly obvious from quotes and reports that he isn’t a fan of Duran’s attitude, it’s ‘based on absolutely nothing’, and ‘there’s nothing going on with Duran’. 

Which one is it? Is it not absolutely 100% clear that the Duran thing isn’t working behind the scenes? Hence all the reports, the bids, the media reporting on him moving. 

Emery don’t like him. Therefore he can f*** off as far as I’m concerned. 

What makes you think Emery doesn't like him? The only comments I've read from Emery in relation to Duran is that he has a load of potential and Emery wants to help him fulfill it. 

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

A season-long loan at a decent championship club would test his development

Given that West Ham and AC Milan have tried to sign him in the last fortnight, I don’t think he’ll be off to the Championship any time soon

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Funny isn’t it. Every single thread on this forum is ‘whatever Emery wants’, ‘in Emery trust’ and yet when it’s quite clearly obvious from quotes and reports that he isn’t a fan of Duran’s attitude, it’s ‘based on absolutely nothing’, and ‘there’s nothing going on with Duran’. 

Which one is it? Is it not absolutely 100% clear that the Duran thing isn’t working behind the scenes? Hence all the reports, the bids, the media reporting on him moving. 

Emery don’t like him. Therefore he can f*** off as far as I’m concerned. 

Emery said a week ago he thinks Duran can be one of the world’s top strikers so he is all good as far as I’m concerned :)

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Emery said a week ago he thinks Duran can be one of the world’s top strikers so he is all good as far as I’m concerned :)

Maybe he can, but if the blokes a dick it isn’t going to be easy. Balotelli was going to be the best striker in the world at one point too. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe he can, but if the blokes a dick it isn’t going to be easy. Balotelli was going to be the best striker in the world at one point too. 

Pretty sure if (hypothetically) he’s a dick he won’t be the first 20 year old PL striker already playing for his country to need a bit of maturing/managing so he can achieve his potential. And to your initial point, I absolutely trust Emery to do that (if he sees that potential) rather than just bin him off.

22 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Pretty sure if (hypothetically) he’s a dick he won’t be the first 20 year old PL striker already playing for his country to need a bit of maturing/managing so he can achieve his potential. And to your initial point, I absolutely trust Emery to do that (if he sees that potential) rather than just bin him off.

Doesn’t seem that way. If there are bids there is movement somewhere in the chain. I think it’s fairly obvious if we sign perhaps Rogers or maybe another that we’d let Duran go for a reasonable fee. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Doesn’t seem that way. If there are bids there is movement somewhere in the chain. I think it’s fairly obvious if we sign perhaps Rogers or maybe another that we’d let Duran go for a reasonable fee. 

They play different positions

37 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Given that West Ham and AC Milan have tried to sign him in the last fortnight, I don’t think he’ll be off to the Championship any time soon

But that is most likely b*llocks

the gutter press have hooked onto this narrative he is unhappy and difficult and Emery didn't sign him and has issues with him, there maybe some truth, but more likely it's just the dirt sheets trying to create a story that isn't there.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

the gutter press have hooked onto this narrative he is unhappy and difficult and Emery didn't sign him and has issues with him, there maybe some truth, but more likely it's just the dirt sheets trying to create a story that isn't there.

I don't think it's bollocks at all tbh.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

It’d be a big shout for e.g. The Guardian to report today that West Ham had made an offer and we had knocked it back if they hadn’t actually done so. Especially given the journalist who wrote the piece is Jacob Steinberg who is as connected at West Ham as it gets.

• Like 1

Â