Jhon Durán

PieFacE

43 minutes ago, jamesbuchanan said:

You can watch the whole match on iPlayer. If you watch from minute 63 onwards you can see one definite wave of the arm from McGinn in the direction of Duran because he wasn't pressing. There are then 3-4 more instances of Duran not pressing up to when he is taken off. McGinn isn't on screen for all that time, but when he is on screen I don't see him gesticulating to the bench. I guess he could have spoken to the bench before 63 minutes - someone else can check the second half up to minute 63 :P

Also watched it back and I agree, but it was a quite small wave with his hand, a bit like "press" and then the also small gesture towards the bench just after could as well have been like "shouldn't we press?". I didn't interpret as anything else than normal body language and communication between team mates. Duran didn't put in much of an effort in the second and I'm pretty sure the management team do not need McGinn to point that out to them 🙂

The last couple of 5-10 mins before getting subbed Duran was sulking quite much and looked half arsed, prehaps because he knew he was going off, but that's still not a positive. In the first half though I thought Duran was quite good, he had a couple of his trade mark thunder strikes, it's quite amazing how powerful his shots are at that age. He also showed some good ability in the air and when he sprints he looks really fast and athletic.

Still has very much to work on, not at least decicson making and understanding with his team mates, but he has got much potential and raw attributes. I wouldn't want him to go out on loan now but wait and see how much we can develop him.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

10 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He wasn't pressing yesterday, which was why McGinn had a go at him and told the bench to bring him off

He was utterly dreadful and I wonder if he will still be here by the end of the month. A bit concerning as he is our only back up to Ollie. He was given game time yesterday and completely flunked it. Looked disinterested from the start until we hauled him off, at least 15 minutes too late.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

He was utterly dreadful and I wonder if he will still be here by the end of the month. A bit concerning as he is our only back up to Ollie.

I hope he is, feels like he could become quite valuable in the title run in. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He was utterly dreadful and I wonder if he will still be here by the end of the month. A bit concerning as he is our only back up to Ollie.

That's not true. We can play any number of players instead of Ollie if forced to and they'd still be as good if not better than Jesus or Nketiah. This striker pigeonholing with football as it's played now is nonsensical. Game is about multi function attacking forwards 

Edited by Kiwivillan

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He was utterly dreadful and I wonder if he will still be here by the end of the month. A bit concerning as he is our only back up to Ollie. He was given game time yesterday and completely flunked it. Looked disinterested from the start until we hauled him off, at least 15 minutes too late.

Really? I didn’t think he did too badly. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll pretend to be shocked again

It really is tiring…

don’t think anyone actually has a clue regarding anything to do with the club and just keeps making shite up…

some “sources” or foreign media are even worse for it…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just think Italian media is full of BS and this was all nonsense to begin with…

Milan were always signing Popovic as the non EU signing. Has been rumoured for months

They postponed a signing from Brazil until the summer to get him

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Milan were always signing Popovic as the non EU signing. Has been rumoured for months

They postponed a signing from Brazil until the summer to get him

Which would lend more credence to them not even being interested in or even enquiring about Duran despite the various “reports”?

1 hour ago, jamesbuchanan said:

You can watch the whole match on iPlayer. If you watch from minute 63 onwards you can see one definite wave of the arm from McGinn in the direction of Duran because he wasn't pressing. There are then 3-4 more instances of Duran not pressing up to when he is taken off. McGinn isn't on screen for all that time, but when he is on screen I don't see him gesticulating to the bench. I guess he could have spoken to the bench before 63 minutes - someone else can check the second half up to minute 63 :P

I was there. Should have made that clear earlier

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's not true. We can play any number of players instead of Ollie if forced to and they'd still be as good if not better than Jesus or Nketiah. This striker pigeonholing with football as it's played now is nonsensical. Game is about multi function attacking forwards 

How is Jesus and Nketiah relevant to Duran or our situation?

Duran is not being consistent or disciplined enough in his positioning and pressing. He is surely very talented but if he doesn't get these thigns right he will not be on the pitch for long periods.

2 hours ago, Anything11 said:

How is Jesus and Nketiah relevant to Duran or our situation?

Duran is not being consistent or disciplined enough in his positioning and pressing. He is surely very talented but if he doesn't get these thigns right he will not be on the pitch for long periods.

Read it back again. I've answered it regardless of Duran.

On 02/01/2024 at 17:47, zab6359 said:

Is it hard work carrying that chip around?

Chip? What are you talking about pal?

I happen to think Duran is a substandard player that will not have a future at the highest level, which is where we are ultimately aiming for.

You may disagree. Which is fine. But insulting someone's character for disagreeing with you? 

Forums clearly arent for you fella. 

• Haha 1

Duran is a kid who hasn't even been in the country a year yet. He's trying to adapt and improve in the toughest league in the world. He'll need time do develop and he'll get that. I'm hopeful he'll be a much better player at the start of next season after he's had 18 months here and a pre season (he was injured at start of this season and missed that).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Duran is a kid who hasn't even been in the country a year yet. He's trying to adapt and improve in the toughest league in the world. He'll need time do develop and he'll get that. I'm hopeful he'll be a much better player at the start of next season after he's had 18 months here and a pre season (he was injured at start of this season and missed that).

He has been here for a year and hasn't played much, and on Saturday's offering I doubt he will get many more starts. Either needs to go out on loan or if he is really that annoyed, to be sold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I agree to an extent but you don’t need to develop to press defenders. A fit worst striker in the world could manage that

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He wasn't pressing yesterday, which was why McGinn had a go at him and told the bench to bring him off

Not a chance in hell that McGinn told the bench to bring him off 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Just think Italian media is full of BS and this was all nonsense to begin with…

Correct. From what I know there is a tax change in Italy this year that means that Italian clubs pay much more tax when buying players from the UK (now outside the EU). This means the days of Rueben Cheek or Tomori or Smalling or other UK based players going to Italy are probably over. Italian clubs can't afford to pay a tax premium. 

Â