Jhon Durán

PieFacE

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I would be amazed if we don't buy another striker in January. Probably means Jhon goes on loan somewhere. 

I don't think he is going on loan at all and do very much think he can play his part as a back up when required.

However I do worry about temperament. Some of his challenges coming off the bench are inspiring to the crowd and somewhat the team but also a red card waiting  to happen.

Nothing today suggested that and if he had the responsibility from the start it could mean he played a little different, but if we would struggle without Watlins we would certainly  struggle without both of them for a few games.

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

I would be amazed if we don't buy another striker in January. Probably means Jhon goes on loan somewhere. 

You're going to be very disappointed when January ends. It's extremely hard to get a striker then and I don't think we will be looking for one. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vreitti said:

Can’t see it. We were happy to gamble on him from the end of the summer and he’ll get more useful as the season goes on.

6 hours ago, Rich192 said:

He's played 120 minutes in the league this season, and is one yellow away from a suspension. Absolute lunatic. Love him. 

We've gone from Fash the Bash to Duran the Madman. Let's just hope his away record at OT doesn't match.

He probably would've done well in the Wimbledon side to be fair. Doesn't shy away from anything. Easy to forget how young he is - the fact that he always backs himself is encouraging.

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Can’t see it. We were happy to gamble on him from the end of the summer and he’ll get more useful as the season goes on.

Part of my thinking is Emery probably didn't count on us fighting for the title this season already... and it should be fairly obvious to everyone, that Jhon's still a very much "work in progress" player, and I think we'll want a more ready-made alternative for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Part of my thinking is Emery probably didn't count on us fighting for the title this season already... and it should be fairly obvious to everyone, that Jhon's still a very much "work in progress" player, and I think we'll want a more ready-made alternative for the remainder of the season. 

Agree with your sentiment but I'll buy you a balti pie the size of Jimmy Hill's chin if you can name one such player we could actually afford, and who would also be happy playing second fiddle to Ollie.

I think we'd like a lot of things, but market demand far outstrips supply unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Agree with your sentiment but I'll buy you a balti pie the size of Jimmy Hill's chin if you can name one such player we could actually afford, and who would also be happy playing second fiddle to Ollie.

I think we'd like a lot of things, but market demand far outstrips supply unfortunately.

Probably true, but given where we're now, I just wanna keep living in dreamland :wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

I'm gonna suggest Maupay.

Decent player. Works hard. Is a complete arse pocket for opponents. Wouldn't be too expensive.

?

• Haha 1

Â