Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Its interesting that in the media speculation we are the only club linked to him. Also Marseille seem to be splashing a lot of cash since Sanson went out on loan. Maybe it means that it's a done deal. 

Another poster pointed out they may also want to keep him for the Monaco game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HolteExile said:

Marseille are still one of the big yins of French football and will be a draw for many players. 

It's not impossible they'd spend those sums even if they were looking to keep Sideshow Bob. 

Not for the prices quoted 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

It'll probably be officially undisclosed, but the French leak everything.

I reckon £55m rising to £65m if we really get going.

He's valued at 25 mil euro on transfermarkt. We are not paying much more than £30m if at all

• Haha 1

Transfermarkt always way undervalue players, they have Martinez down as twenty-eight million, Kamara twenty-five million.

It won't be as much as sixty million, but wouldn't surprise me if it was something like thirty million plus rising to around forty million with add ons.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's valued at 25 mil euro on transfermarkt. We are not paying much more than £30m if at all

Transfermarkt valuations are worthless. They'll change a player from 5m to 25m overnight after a transfer

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Transfermarkt always way undervalue players, they have Martinez down as twenty-eight million, Kamara twenty-five million.

It won't be as much as sixty million, but wouldn't surprise me if it was something like thirty million plus rising to around forty million with add ons.

Yeah I think around the £40m mark also

• Like 1

Normally i would say no chance because things only leak a few days before a transfer happens at the Villa. But Emery and Guendouzi love one another. Emery has history of buying players that have worked with him before. We are getting 2 midfielders off our wage bill at the moment leaving us light and Marseille are spending money quite happily . And most importantly. He is exactly what we need to complete our midfield . 

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Since when have transfermarkt been used as the guide to how much a bid should be made? Probably some random chap no different to me or you making some random numbers up.

For example, we just paid £18m for John Duran. They have him valued at £6m.

The valuations on tranfermarkt are worthless made up shit.  When a player is under contract, the ONLY valuation that matters is the selling clubs valuation (or of course a minimum fee release clause)

• Like 1

Â