Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

8 hours ago, Villarocker said:

The twitter guy has stated he will delete his account if Guendouzi doesn't sign so that'll be interesting to follow should it not happen. 

Personally, I think it's going to happen and if it does I'll be one happy Villa fan because that trio in midfield will be awesome. 

Elon Musk?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's really not in our control. If Marseille ask for a crazy price ala £40m we won't pay it and we'll wait until summer or move for an alternative target. This happened with Bissouma last Jan for example. The selling club need to want to make a deal at a realistic price for it to happen

I don’t know anything about club finances or our FFP situation so maybe those are points to consider? But on the face it, £40m for an experienced, highly regarded 23yr old French international doesn’t sound particularly crazy to me in the current climate. 

9 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

He can’t be fake, he refers to HQ several times in his tweets. He obviously works for a credible agency…

I assume you aren’t being serious when he references his own Head Quarters and the apparent people work for him?

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don’t know anything about club finances or our FFP situation so maybe those are points to consider? But on the face it, £40m for an experienced, highly regarded 23yr old French international doesn’t sound particularly crazy to me in the current climate. 

£40m is too much for him. I think £30m is most give or take a few add ons. The club won't overpay for players relative to how much we deem their value. Also there could be a "January Tax" added to his price over what he would be sold for in Summer

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Do what every other club does now and spread it over 20 years.

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

£40m is too much for him. I think £30m is most give or take a few add ons. The club won't overpay for players relative to how much we deem their value. Also there could be a "January Tax" added to his price over what he would be sold for in Summer

Fair enough. I can’t say I watch French football so I’m happy to bow to the knowledge of those that do. I guess my thought process was simply that these days the ability to walk in a straight lines makes players worth about £20m in the PL, so £40m just doesn’t really sound excessive for someone of his age/experience. 

Edited by av1

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Fair enough. I can’t say I watch French football so I’m happy to bow to the knowledge of those that do. I guess my thought process was simply that these days the ability to walk in a straight lines makes players worth about £20m in the PL, so £40m just doesn’t really sound excessive for someone of his age/experience. 

I mean he was on view a good while for Arsenal including standout performance in 3-2 win against us in 2019

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I mean he was on view a good while for Arsenal including standout performance in 3-2 win against us in 2019

Yes and I was impressed with him at Arsenal, paid no attention since his move. 

23 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Buendia cost £33m with 5m add-ons (I imagine none of them have triggered other than maybe appearances) and a 10% sell on clause. 

I think paying £35-40 for Guendouzi is too much. Transfermarkt have him valued at €25m 

Look of its £35m its 35m hes a top midfielder and these are the prices you have to pay, we haven’t spend much so this wouldn’t be catastrophic by any means, buendia was £38m so we need to look at it as a reasonable fee plus he basically completes our midfield.

Edited by RicRic

This could (almost certainly is) be absolute nonsense...

Translates as..
Aston Villa, who still wants to recruit Guendouzi, would be ready to include one of their players in addition to a sum of money!

Not sure which player they'd want as part of a swap..!? 
Anyway. Discuss. 

Edited by Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This could (almost certainly is) be absolute nonsense...

Translates as..
Aston Villa, who still wants to recruit Guendouzi, would be ready to include one of their players in addition to a sum of money!

Not sure which player they'd want as part of a swap..!? 
Anyway. Discuss. 

Goodbye Coutinho

Â