Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

The twitter guy has stated he will delete his account if Guendouzi doesn't sign so that'll be interesting to follow should it not happen. 

Personally, I think it's going to happen and if it does I'll be one happy Villa fan because that trio in midfield will be awesome. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wes said:

Ivan Ilic is joining Marseille, but it's not been confirmed yet if he's joining this January or if he's going to be loaned back to Hellas Verona until the summer.

If he's being loaned back, will Marseille let Guendouzi leave without a replacement?

I think we need to wait a little bit longer on this one.

If he is loaned back, we'll get Guendouzi this summer.  If he isn't loaned back, there is a very good chance we'll get him this January.  

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

If he is loaned back, we'll get Guendouzi this summer.  If he isn't loaned back, there is a very good chance we'll get him this January.  

Makes logical sense aside from the fact that Sanson has now gone out on loan so we are getting very short which indicates that somebody is coming in over the coming week, which suggests Guendouzi.

Edited by nick76

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

not really since he wont be signing until the summer. Ilic would have also been a good signing for us

Still its interesting as could mean he comes on summer

Never heard of llic at least guen has PL experience 

46 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm warming up to this signing that I hope it happens now

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah me too

Done deal otherwise hector will delete his twatter. 

and most likely make another one with a variance of his name. 

• Like 2

I get the feeling Marseille will be asking for too big a price this window and we'll have to wait until summer. For them it will be a bigger price this window than they will accept in summer as it leaves them light and they're in the mix for CL as they sit in 3rd. I think like last Jan we won't get our midfielder.

With a lot of players capable of playing there, Luiz, Kamara, Dendoncker and McGinn can at a push. If we sign another attacker we should be ok in terms of squad depth for the final 18 games most likely. Not what we want but should be ok 

I just cannot see us leaving ourselves so short to go through the last half of the season. The board will look at that table and see that we're just a handful of points from their dream/goal of taking the club back to European football. Why have a target that is so close you leave yourselves vulnerable to not reaching it?

I have convinced myself that they trust Unai to get the job done and will back him with whatever he wants this window. He clearly wants Guendouzi so I'm convinced we will get him in this month. I also have faith that they will bring a striker in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I just cannot see us leaving ourselves so short to go through the last half of the season. The board will look at that table and see that we're just a handful of points from their dream/goal of taking the club back to European football. Why have a target that is so close you leave yourselves vulnerable to not reaching it?

I have convinced myself that they trust Unai to get the job done and will back him with whatever he wants this window. He clearly wants Guendouzi so I'm convinced we will get him in this month. I also have faith that they will bring a striker in. 

It's really not in our control. If Marseille ask for a crazy price ala £40m we won't pay it and we'll wait until summer or move for an alternative target. This happened with Bissouma last Jan for example. The selling club need to want to make a deal at a realistic price for it to happen

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Completely agree, if Emery wants Guendouzi and he wants to come then the club are going to get it done this month.

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Completely agree, if Emery wants Guendouzi and he wants to come then the club are going to get it done this month.

Except if Marseille who are pretty key in all of this don't want to let him go this window. Or are asking for a stupid price to sell this window

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we can’t get Guendouzi I wouldn’t mind Khephren Thuram. 

12 months ago I would have agreed but he plays a bit deeper and I think we’re covered there now. Great player though. 

I think our midfield is crying out for goals from the central positions as our midfielders don’t score that often (Ramsey aside). 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Except if Marseille who are pretty key in all of this don't want to let him go this window. Or are asking for a stupid price to sell this window

All true but they aren’t in the position to turn down good money. 

Â