Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Iposted re this flight yesterday. Whether or not it's Villa related is not known but given it's Air Hamburg who Villa use

it would be a coincidence if it isn't. Having said that it certainly doesn't mean there's a player on board. It could have

been Villa officials visiting for discussions

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Has this flight arrived yet - it’s 21:42 now? Any sign of who is on the flight?

Yeh it landed 5 minutes ago. I'm not reading anything into it myself but for anyone who is curious... it has landed.

38 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Has this flight arrived yet - it’s 21:42 now? Any sign of who is on the flight?

I’m still feeling burned from the Ole Gunnar fiasco with plane tracking, so I am refusing to get caught up in it.
I think we will sign him, and he will conclude our business for the window unless Ings and Coutinho leave.

I’m a bit lost on this one. Didn’t he kind of flop at Arsenal and was considered a bit shit? I can’t say Ive seen him since so perhaps he has excelled. 

and he was a bit of a knob at Arsenal and cost £9m only 6 months ago?

Edited by Spoony

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m a bit lost on this one. Didn’t he kind of flop at Arsenal and was considered a bit shit? I can’t say Ive seen him since so perhaps he has excelled. 

Context is important here. It was Unai Emery who signed him at Arsenal, for whom Guendouzi has a lot of respect. Emery left and Arteta came in. Guendouzi's relationship with Arteta was not great and this is when his attitude worsened, and Arteta wanted rid of him.

According to Marseille fans his attitude is much better, still a shithouse on this pitch but nothing wrong with that.

52 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He was never considered a bit shit. Always had a load of ability.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He was never considered a bit shit. Always had a load of ability.

I don’t know about that there are mixed opinions but he was only a kid and raw so let’s give him the benefit of doubt but we can’t rewrite history, there are mixed opinions of his time at Arsenal.

Â