Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

28 minutes ago, 6065_Villa said:

After last nights game you can see why Unai is after him. Along side Kamara he will give us the protection we currently lack and free the wide forwards up to do their thing

I honestly can see him playing in place of JJ out wide.  He's played as more of an attacking midfielder for Marseilles this season.  

Martinez

Young - Konsa - Mings - Moreno

Guendouzi - Kamara - Luiz - Buendia

New/Bailey - Watkins/New

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I honestly can see him playing in place of JJ out wide.  He's played as more of an attacking midfielder for Marseilles this season.  

Martinez

New/Bailey - Watkins/New

this is what came to mind for me too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Martinez

New/Bailey - Watkins/New

It’s building into something very exciting.

5 hours ago, 6065_Villa said:

After last nights game you can see why Unai is after him. Along side Kamara he will give us the protection we currently lack and free the wide forwards up to do their thing

I agree.  I’ve not been a fan of this link but so many believe in Guendouzi attributes that I’m willing to bow to the masses and if he is the player some believe he is I think he’d be perfect in this midfield. 

I don't see us shelling out 40 million for him to displace Dougie in the center of the pitch...  You'd think that would be one of the last positions to upgrade after his performances under Emery so far...  No, I think he's going to take the McGinn/JJ spot out wide in defense, and pushing central in possession.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't see us shelling out 40 million for him to displace Dougie in the center of the pitch...  You'd think that would be one of the last positions to upgrade after his performances under Emery so far...  No, I think he's going to take the McGinn/JJ spot out wide in defense, and pushing central in possession.  

I think Luiz lacks consistency. Also we are light in CM with just Luiz/Kamara as 1st team level. Dendoncker is a cut below. Having 3 players for 2 positions all competing makes total sense. People seem obsessed with there is a first team 11 and then there are backups. It's not 2008 and MON isn't our coach

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I must be honest I don’t know much about him. Wasn’t he a bit shit at Arsenal?

No, thrown straight in as a 19yr old by Emery and was an ever present playing 50+ games. 

Things soured very quickly under Arteta but he was great under Emery 

Just now, Spoony said:

No, he was a standout at Arsenal under Emery.  Signed at 18 and impressed so well during preseason that he started in midfield for them.  Had an epic fall out with Arteta after an altercation with Neil Maupay and was bombed/loaned out of the team for "attitude reasons".  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Nah man, honestly remember watching him thinking ‘this guy is incredible’, and thinking that between him hand ESR they had a very healthy future in midfield.

Was quite surprised no one went in for him from the PL when Arsenal off loaded him, but I think that might have been an Arsenal stipulation not to sell to rivals.

• Like 1

Guendouzi played CDM at Arsenal under Emery and became more of the Luiz role alongside Kamara at Marseille. He can play in the central 2 or in one of the wide midfield roles in place of a McGinn/JJ. 

My view is Naka and Sanson leave. We sign Guendouzi and a winger and then we're set. Another forward would be great but probably difficult to find atm.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Guendouzi played CDM at Arsenal under Emery and became more of the Luiz role alongside Kamara at Marseille. He can play in the central 2 or in one of the wide midfield roles in place of a McGinn/JJ. 

My view is Naka and Sanson leave. We sign Guendouzi and a winger and then we're set. Another forward would be great but probably difficult to find atm.

Yeh. Probably right. Think we’ll see a midfield 4 of Kamara, Guendouzi, Ramsey, New, when the window closes. Or at least that’s what we’re attempting. 

Â