Match thread: FAC3: Villa v Stevenage

Davkaus

Leon Bailey looks like Darwin Nunez.  

We are utterly in command, Stevenage look very organised but the talent gap is too much.  We need another goal though. 

Just now, The_Rev said:

Leon Bailey looks like Darwin Nunez.  

We are utterly in command, Stevenage look very organised but the talent gap is too much.  We need another goal though. 

We are, and yet they hit the bar and had a goal ruled out for a marginal offside.

This game isn’t done if we don’t come out and get another goal!

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Bailey and Traore, Digne and Targett, two "upgrades" there isn't much between that have cost us an absolute fortune. We've done some really shit transfer business

Yeah - but everyone was jumping up and down in glee when we signed Bailey and Digne.  

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And every shite individual performance is information for Emery. I think we've seen the last of some of these players.

Can't risk this sort of team at Stoke that's for sure.

Need to go full strength in cup from now on bar perhaps keeper as Emery is certainly giving Olsen games in the cups.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And every shite individual performance is information for Emery. I think we've seen the last of some of these players.

Yes maybe, but not just based on this match but others as well.

The tragic thing about Bailey is I could watch that 15 minutes against Everton every day for the rest oif my life and not be bored. He was explosive, nobody could handle him playing like that. But he's not looked a fraction of that player ever since.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

The tragic thing about Bailey is I could watch that 15 minutes against Everton every day for the rest oif my life and not be bored. He was explosive, nobody could handle him playing like that. But he's not looked a fraction of that player ever since.

Agree with you. Sadly seems to be a thing at Villa. Have a player with so much promise and it just doesn’t work out.