Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It's great to have a choice of Digne or Morena. Emery will use both as required.

That's what we will aim for all over the team. A proper choice in every position.

Indeed, can see Digne playing more in tight away games, Moreno more at home, but as I've often said, we'll be in the happy position of having two top class left backs. And anybody who suggested selling Digne in the summer smells faintly of wee.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Risso said:

In his last pre-match conference Emery said two to three weeks for both Moreno and Ramsey. I would say after the next international break in that case, which would hopefully make them available for Spurs.

These two along with Pau's passing range from the back transform that left hand side. 

• Like 1

It's incredible what we've achieved so far with our first choice left side missing all season. Most of our play last season came down the left side after Moreno joined and now that our right side is so good too, having both together is mouth-watering. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I'd love this to be our defence when everyone is fit:

Konsa-Carlos-Pau-Moreno

Allows Moreno to get forward

Carlos is fit though.  Given what Emery does, it will depend on the team we are up against if Konsa is RB.  

34 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Dont fix what isnt broken. maybe you can alternate Moreno and Digne.  I think Konsa has taken his game to another level at cb but as a rb he looks average at best and Cash is doing a good job. 

Moreno has to come in for Digne though, at least in most games/situations.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Digne's shirt to lose, simple as that.

Dropping him now is pure O'Neill/Southgate shit.

Do you not see how Moreno offers more? He won't just drop Digne, Moreno will be brought back in gradually I'd say. But if you want to be successful, you have to be ruthless (to a certain extent) and play your very best XI.

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Do you not see how Moreno offers more? He won't just drop Digne, Moreno will be brought back in gradually I'd say. But if you want to be successful, you have to be ruthless (to a certain extent) and play your very best XI.

Yes Moreno was a huge upgrade last season but we're better than ever in results . It doesn't foster a good team mentality when you come in and perform brilliantly only to be make way immediately. 

If Moreno wants back in he either needs to be brilliant in Europe or Digne has to have a complete shitter.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, villarule123 said:

It's incredible what we've achieved so far with our first choice left side missing all season. Most of our play last season came down the left side after Moreno joined and now that our right side is so good too, having both together is mouth-watering. 

We certainly are a different animal with Moreno and JJ on the left 

7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

No way Digne is starting ahead of a fully fit Moreno.

Moreno was insane last season.

In all fairness the gap has narrowed considerably this season, and whilst I agree, Moreno will claim the spot - it won’t be quite so straightforward imo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Any chance of Moreno being fit enough to be on the bench tonight and play a few minutes near the end?

I'd rather him just be 100 percent fit before we attempt anything with him to potentially set him back again.

We need him longer term.

• Like 2

On 25/10/2023 at 10:26, turvontour said:

What is the likely return date for him? I had no idea this was like a 6 month injury. 

He had to have an op straight after the Liverpool game so it was a significant tear of hamstring and it was always going to be 3-4 months.

So returning early September was bang on the timescale. Issue seems to be he sat on the bench for a few matches and clearly training around the games didn't feel 100% so that's where we've lost another month.

Not sure you can fault the club on this rushing him back like say Kamara last season who wasn't ready for Chelsea away and then we lost him for another six weeks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Moreno will have to build up his fitness so it will likely be December before he's ready to start.

A good target to me would be the Man. City-Arsenal double header in just over 60 hours. You'd want Moreno fully fit by then to come in v Arsenal as Digne will be shattered playing v Doku and then potentially having to face Saka so that's where squad depth is critical. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He had to have an op straight after the Liverpool game so it was a significant tear of hamstring and it was always going to be 3-4 months.

So returning early September was bang on the timescale. Issue seems to be he sat on the bench for a few matches and clearly training around the games didn't feel 100% so that's where we've lost another month.

Not sure you can fault the club on this rushing him back like say Kamara last season who wasn't ready for Chelsea away and then we lost him for another six weeks.

and the fact it is a winning team means the players are desperate to get back in to training so they are bound to push the limits of their fitness, which I'm sure is what has happened with Kamara/Moreno and Ramsey

• Like 1

Â