Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

2 things in his interview":

• He's quick
  • He likes to get to the byline.

So if you are wondering how to play against a low block, you have 3 choices: Try to play through, try to play over or try to play around.

You simply cannot do the last unless you get to the byline. By doing that, all the low block participants are no longer facing the ball in front of them. They are either facing their own goal or facing sideways.

Now you can run into the spaces, since you are less likely to be tracked - ready to get onto a cross/cutback.

Really looking forward to watching him play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He is.  But we don't have anyone to play in front of him at the moment.

So do we play him on front of Digne until we do?

That’s not how Emery plays though. He has an attacking fullback and a Ramsey/Buendia infront who come inside. 

I really don’t think we will see the Digne/Moreno combo that some are suggesting. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

That’s not how Emery plays though. He has an attacking fullback and a Ramsey/Buendia infront who come inside. 

I really don’t think we will see the Digne/Moreno combo that some are suggesting. 

True, I meant in the sense that there is noone fit or in form to play that role in front of him at the moment. 

Maybe Ramsey is ready to start, In which case I'd expect Moreno to start left back if eligible...said the same in the pre match thread.

I just think Ramsey doesn't completely match the profile of the left midfielder that Emery is after. Maybe he does. Guess we'll see if he starts.

27 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He is.  But we don't have anyone to play in front of him at the moment.

So do we play him on front of Digne until we do?

Of course we have someone to play in front of him Buendia, Ramsey or Mcginn. Depending on the phase of play the back 4 becomes a back 3 like it has in several matches under Emery.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Of course we have someone to play in front of him Buendia, Ramsey or Mcginn. Depending on the phase of play the back 4 becomes a back 3 like it has in several matches under Emery.

See above.  McGinn is injured, Ramsey coming back from injury, and Buendia been very poor lately. A shadow of what he is capable of.

That said, Digne has also been pretty bad so not sure  playing him instead of one of the other two options (ramsey/buendia) is really a viable choice. Just seeing if anyone thought it was.

I'm hoping Ramsey's run out against Stevenage and another few days training will mean he's fine for this game.

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Kinda ridiculous that in 2023 in the digital age we live in that a bloke signs on a Thursday and might not be available for selection on a Friday. Registration, paperwork etc. Talking minutes. 

Isn't it all still done by fax? FFS

Â