Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

34 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I get that of course but it’s not like we’ve been spending like mad 

Its the fact we were in a near enough net zero position when we sold grealish as we spent all his money and increased the salary expenditure by replacing him with 3 players.

The cost of the signings isn't incurred immediately from an FFP perspective, its spread out over the contract duration.. however, the salaries are immediately reflected and continually while they're here. Digne is a continual 8million cost to our yearly accounts.

Whereas our sale of grealish was immediate 100m income for our FFP balance that year. We will lose that from our rolling 3 year FFP accounts soon, and means we will need to start selling players soon to make up for that, if we want to keep buying. 

Since then we've signed a lot of older players on high wages. That said, our net spend isn't huge though, and incomes are still insane thanks to the TV deals, so we might actually be OK.

Long story short... I've no effing clue how we're doing.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It's official. £13.2M. Digne must be off.

Why do you say that?

This season more than any other has proven that every club needs 4 full backs, two on either side. We now have Cash, Young, Digne and Moreno.

It's Augustinsson who's off, as he's not our player and is injured now anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I'm not sure about that.

It can't be we haven't stopped spending for 4 years now and have little to show for it in way of improvement. We have alot of dead money in this team thanks to Gerrard, Purslow and Lange.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It's official. £13.2M. Digne must be off.

Don't think so in the short term. At the weekend Moreno played infront of LB so until we get a decent wide player in he becomes a viable option for a position in final third.

• Like 1

Sounds like he's got a bit of pace which is good, all the best teams have it in abundance. 

We've bought too many who lack it

Hopefully he also has speed of thought, which is another thing too many of our players dont have

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

If he wasn't happy to sit on the Everton bench I can't believe he'll be fine with it here. Surely he'll force a move?

Why? Moreno will be LW… plus Digne fell out with Rafa and was forced out 

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

It can't be we haven't stopped spending for 4 years now and have little to show for it in way of improvement. We have alot of dead money in this team thanks to Gerrard, Purslow and Lange.

Yes we have some players that haven’t worked out.Don’t all clubs?

We also have players that would go for 10s of millions (quite a few of them too imo) we are like any other mid table Premier league team.

There are some clubs who have the pick of the market and can’t really go wrong Man City,Liverpool etc

Some clubs who have really got recruitment nailed down Brentford,Brighton 

Then there’s the rest of us and finally after that there is…..

Everton 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Why? Moreno will be LW… plus Digne fell out with Rafa and was forced out 

There is no way we've just signed a starting left-sided forward (which I assume is what you mean by left winter, since we do not and have not played with wingers for years) for £9.75. He generally always plays as a full-back and that's what he's been bought to do 

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

There is no way we've just signed a starting left-sided forward (which I assume is what you mean by left winter, since we do not and have not played with wingers for years) for £9.75. He generally always plays as a full-back and that's what he's been bought to do 

He’ll play on the left and Digne will be LB. No overlap. I’ll also be surprised if we signed him for £9.75. We played with wingers under Smith quite often! 

Â