Christmas Dinner

sidcow

21 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Eddie:
Not sprouts, I hate sprouts.

Richie:
Will you stop whinging Eddie, nobody likes sprouts.

Eddie:
Then why are we having them then?

Richie:
Because it's Christmas.

I love sprouts - have them all tear round. The mess. that school dinner cooks made of them, has put many people off them. If they are cooked properly, they are one of the tastiest veg (well, that's my opinion!).

• Like 1

Just now, VillaBrum said:

I love sprouts - have them all tear round. The mess. that school dinner cooks made of them, has put many people off them. If they are cooked properly, they are one of the tastiest veg (well, that's my opinion!).

All YEAR round lol

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Duck leftovers??? I like duck, but even with the biggest ones, there's barely enough to feed two people in one meal! 

mixture of things, it was a good sized duck, i stopped just short of using a jet washer to strip the meat from the bones* and i couldn't get good bacon for the pigs in blankets so i got these things instead - 

See the source image

hot dog sausages filled with cheese and then wrapped in bacon...they filled a hole thats for sure (kw)

* when i worked in a food factory i was reliably informed that is a genuine thing...dont eat cheap chicken pies

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

as i get older im starting realise that the carrot and parsnip mash ive always associated with christmas dinner is is fact only a my family thing and not an every family thing like ive always assumed

Not really a fan of eating any food which looks like a bit of sick on a plate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

I might have asked this last year, but is a massive Christmas ham (with mustard and a bit of bread underneath to carry the load) just a nordic thing?

skinka1.jpg

Yea gammon (or ham) is common in the UK.  We eat it as part of a sunday roast sometimes. 

It's cheap and tasty. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

There was always a thing in our house where someone would have a dry, sinewy, turkey leg, foisted upon them, which they were expected to eat with relish.

For some reason, that privilege was always assigned to a male amongst the gathering: usually the patriarch but often the eldest son.

Was that Kerry Katona popping in?

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

the roasties debate 

Goose fat v beef dripping ???

Controversial opinion: it doesn't matter. And sunflower oil is just as good. 

It just has to be VERY hot when the spuds go in. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Controversial opinion: it doesn't matter. And sunflower oil is just as good. 

It just has to be VERY hot when the spuds go in. 

Yeah the type of fat doesn't bother me or give me that different results

I am however a believer in part boiling them and give them a bash (kw) in the colander to rough them up a bit and change the surface to get more crisp

• Like 3

Â