João Félix

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

This is one of those times I'm amused at how people have such strong opinions when I'd wager the majority of people on VillaTalk have seen this guy play less than 3 times ever

The dude cost €127m.

Is reportedly on €260,000 per week.

IF he came to villa, we would need to offer him something our competitors can not.  We’re not in London, Not in the champions league and not even in the Big 6.  ALL we have to offer is more money than what someone else might offer him.  

Even if I had never seen him play, that right there is enough information to tell me it’s a bad idea for us, and for him.

If he’s a success, he will bitch and moan his way into leaving.  If he’s a failure it could bankrupt us.

I would be delighted if we pulled it off, and would buy a Félix shirt the same day.  But that wouldn’t make it a sound business decision.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

That's like missing out on the hottest girl in the club and saying 'good, at least I can have the house to myself tonight'.

Actually it’s like buying the hottest girl in the club drinks all night, and then feeling used when she inevitably leaves with someone that isn’t short fat and ugly.

Sometimes you’re  better off not making yourself look like a tit.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is one of those times I'm amused at how people have such strong opinions when I'd wager the majority of people on VillaTalk have seen this guy play less than 3 times ever

He's hardly an obscure prospect from a small league that FM players get all hot and bothered over.  He's a €120m footballer who hasn't remotely lived up to his fee.   Yes, the price tag was inflated because the Neymar money was still sloshing around (PSG buy Neymar, Barcelona use the money to buy Coutinho and Griezmann,  Liverpool spend the Coutinho money in order to win the Premier League & Champions League, Atleti spend the Griezmann money on a squad player) but all of this hype is his agent trying to get him out of Atleti.  Problem is when you're wearing golden handcuffs there aren't many people in a position to unpick them.  Felix was never going to come to Villa,  if we were in the position that we'd been in under O'Neill with top six finishes and realistic ambitions of Champions League qualification then maybe we have a case but as a bottom half Premier League club who, while ambitious, haven't really shown much then the idea is laughable. It would be like us selling Coutinho to Burnley. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Felix was never going to come to Villa,  if we were in the position that we'd been in under O'Neill with top six finishes and realistic ambitions of Champions League qualification then maybe we have a case but as a bottom half Premier League club who, while ambitious, haven't really shown much then the idea is laughable. It would be like us selling Coutinho to Burnley. 

MON would've had the chance to sign João Félix and get Dwight McNeil instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You can have all the money and all the ambition in the world but from our position it takes an awful lot more things to come together to sign this level of player.

As soon as its in the open you can bet anything that its come from an agent.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

He's hardly an obscure prospect from a small league that FM players get all hot and bothered over.  He's a €120m footballer who hasn't remotely lived up to his fee.   Yes, the price tag was inflated because the Neymar money was still sloshing around (PSG buy Neymar, Barcelona use the money to buy Coutinho and Griezmann,  Liverpool spend the Coutinho money in order to win the Premier League & Champions League, Atleti spend the Griezmann money on a squad player) but all of this hype is his agent trying to get him out of Atleti.  Problem is when you're wearing golden handcuffs there aren't many people in a position to unpick them.  Felix was never going to come to Villa,  if we were in the position that we'd been in under O'Neill with top six finishes and realistic ambitions of Champions League qualification then maybe we have a case but as a bottom half Premier League club who, while ambitious, haven't really shown much then the idea is laughable. It would be like us selling Coutinho to Burnley. 

If you said this 1 year ago, Atleti fans would be arguing with you and insisting that he has lived up to or is well on the way to living up to that fee. Funny how that narrative changed so quickly once he decided to force himself out.

To be clear, I'm not saying whether he is or isn't that good. Just pointing out how the opinions of Atleti fans have clearly shifted since.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

50 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If you said this 1 year ago, Atleti fans would be arguing with you and insisting that he has lived up to or is well on the way to living up to that fee. Funny how that narrative changed so quickly once he decided to force himself out.

To be clear, I'm not saying whether he is or isn't that good. Just pointing out how the opinions of Atleti fans have clearly shifted since.

They have been saying it for at least a year though. Its not that he's a bad player, or even that he's not a class player, he's just probably not in the absolute top tier that they thought they were getting after laying out daft money. That doesn't mean he's likely to end up at Villa, just that its not impossible - especially with the sort of strange things that can happen with mega rich owners who have close ties to the agent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

“Well on the way” is  a lot of heavy lifting here.  I get that there’s little room for nuance on the internet, things are either amazing or they are awful but Félix has only ever shown glimpses at Atleti. There’s definitely a camp who don’t think it’s his fault, that he just doesn’t work in a Simeone team, and maybe they have a point but we are moving away from the issue here and that’s how Félix has been a known quantity for a while now and the enormity of his fee (regardless of whose fault that fee was) is a huge factor.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

That's like missing out on the hottest girl in the club and saying 'good, at least I can have the house to myself tonight'.

When she is nicknamed "cast iron knickers".....It might be a blessing in disguise.

6 hours ago, Thug said:

The dude cost €127m.

Is reportedly on €260,000 per week.

IF he came to villa, we would need to offer him something our competitors can not.  We’re not in London, Not in the champions league and not even in the Big 6.  ALL we have to offer is more money than what someone else might offer him.  

Even if I had never seen him play, that right there is enough information to tell me it’s a bad idea for us, and for him.

If he’s a success, he will bitch and moan his way into leaving.  If he’s a failure it could bankrupt us.

I would be delighted if we pulled it off, and would buy a Félix shirt the same day.  But that wouldn’t make it a sound business decision.

I see so many similar parallels to Phillipe Coutinho......and that has divided our opinions too.

So many players are fabulous world beaters, until they actually come and play for us......much of it is hyperbole.

This league is not for "fly by nights" who just want the ball on a plate....Not saying that is the case, because I haven't seen enough of him, to form a firm opinion.....but my gut says no, based on what little, I have seen.

20 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

IF that is true - he seems like an Ireland, N'Zogbia and Rashica type of character but on a much bigger scale financially. Avoid.

That's the picture, I get.

• Like 1

Â