Cardiff v Villa - Peter Whittingham Memorial Match 30th Nov 7pm KO

Rodders

nearly 4-1, gotta say marschall looks way out of his depth, granted prob nervous, and keepers tend to develop later, but he hasnt covered himself in glosry at all.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a friendly with hardly any first teamers who cares what result is

I’m not usually one to take too much stock in a friendly, but we’ve looked really poor tonight. The result is obviously of no importance, but I feel like the only positive from tonight is the fact that Marvellous Nakamba is still alive.

• Like 1

Just now, Woody1000 said:

I’m not usually one to take too much stock in a friendly, but we’ve looked really poor tonight. The result is obviously of no importance, but I feel like the only positive from tonight is the fact that Marvellous Nakamba is still alive.

But as i said look at the team we fielded. Its absolutely nowhere near full strength 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree it’s not the biggest deal but Buendia, Mings, Digne, Ramsey, Bailey, Watkins, Konsa, Luiz, Ings, Young, Kamara, Nakamba, Chambers and Archer all played at some point in this one. So not accurate with the “hardly any first teamers” played part.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Agree it’s not the biggest deal but Buendia, Mings, Digne, Ramsey, Bailey, Watkins, Konsa, Luiz, Ings, Young, Kamara, Nakamba, Chambers and Archer all played at some point in this one. So not accurate with the “hardly any first teamers” played part.

I think its very accurate because its firstly not even our 3rd choice keeper in goal. Chambers revan o reilly nakamba and archer are not starters either. That was the team that started.

Its a combo of youngsters reserves and first teamers.

Doesnt mean anything in terma of result 

11 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think we are massively overrating many of our players.

40 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I hope this means the manager realises what a god awful squad we have and how little depth we have if any of our first 11 gets injured.

What, really? This is the first time in years that we have a strong 8 or 9 players as back up to the first team.

Our first eleven is very rarely going to play, e.g. Carlos is out now,  and yet we've won 3 out of our last 4 league games.

Of the youngsters I thought Bogarde was the standout, didn't look out of place at all playing against senior players and that was whilst playing out of position, granted should have done better for their third but it wasn't just his fault, I think he will be the next to go out on loan and do well.

Kadan Young show his big potential as well, only sixteen and could be argued looked our most dangerous player in the final third tonight, although of course a few mitigating circmustances for that, but should give his confidence a big boost.

Whittingham was a Villa fan.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely. I was there and you could tell the players were never out of 1st gear. Testimonial level of intensity.

It really was just a glorified training session.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

What, really? This is the first time in years that we have a strong 8 or 9 players as back up to the first team.

Our first eleven is very rarely going to play, e.g. Carlos is out now,  and yet we've won 3 out of our last 4 league games.

Not sure you can sight Carlos being out as 'not our first eleven playing and winning' for all we know Carlos could be fit and well not rated as better than Mings or Konsa by Emery, let alone the version coming back from a serious injury.

we have at best 3-4 players who could come in and do a job if key players get injured. I don't think we can rely on Ash covering 2 or 3 positions every season as we have done this season.

Â