Cardiff v Villa - Peter Whittingham Memorial Match 30th Nov 7pm KO

Rodders

Thought I'd start a separate topic here as it's our first match back after a mini break and before the team head off to abu dhabi. I can't wait. My first villa game live in 12 years. Assume it'll be a fairly mixed side and I reckon the atmosphere should be a really positive one to commemorate Whitts ( rip ). We've sold out our ticket allocation for this one. 

For info the game is also being used to mark the establishment of a foundation set up for him https://www.pw7foundation.co.uk/ 

Also a nice article about him in the Athletic here:

https://theathletic.com/3616631/2022/09/23/remembering-peter-whittingham-cardiff-aston-villa/

“He absolutely loved playing football. He didn’t care so much about the salary or sitting on the bench on a bigger contract and collecting more money. He didn’t want to be that guy, he just wanted to play.”

Flicking through highlights of Peter Whittingham’s brilliant career, his brother James is recalling the time when the midfielder decided to hang up his boots and retire from professional football...

I was trying to find the full highlights of this game, which I remember when he set up Angel twice I think, just found the one clip here. 

• Like 1

For anyone actually going, are we likely to do the away fans 'stand wherever you like' thing or, given the high possibility of there being more casual/local away fans present, sticking to what our tickets say? 

Doesn't matter either way, but thought it best to check.

K Young on the bench only sixteen, I thought he might travel with the squad as he's been training with them but wasn't expecting him to be named on the bench. Will be interesting to see if he gets on.

Edited by useless

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thank god olsen is **** awful. Be good to see the youth keepers and see if they have potential 

not complaining, just an observation.

Sanson also not in the squad, so the only 3 not in the squad are Olsen, McGinn & Sanson?

Â