Cardiff v Villa - Peter Whittingham Memorial Match 30th Nov 7pm KO

Rodders

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep

The mental side of football is vastly underrated

Game means nothing, most of them were on holiday last week, wouldn't be surprised if deep down most of them didn't want to be there tonight

Things like this happen in games like this

Sorry , they represent our club just like Peter did, the game should mean something to them, if it didn’t then they should play elsewhere, the club pay them very good wages and they should go out show some respect to a very genuine player that earned  less in his career than some of them earn in a season. The result is irrelevant their attitude if it explains the result is unacceptable.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its very accurate because its firstly not even our 3rd choice keeper in goal. Chambers revan o reilly nakamba and archer are not starters either. That was the team that started.

Its a combo of youngsters reserves and first teamers.

Doesnt mean anything in terma of result 

Well, that’s not what your original statement was but I won’t belabor the point.

8 hours ago, smg said:

Sorry , they represent our club just like Peter did, the game should mean something to them, if it didn’t then they should play elsewhere, the club pay them very good wages and they should go out show some respect to a very genuine player that earned  less in his career than some of them earn in a season. The result is irrelevant their attitude if it explains the result is unacceptable.

I simply don't think that's in line with modern football, the whole concept of representing the club is outdated

And its not just villa it's everyone

The Chelsea game in dubai will be the same for both teams

The interesting thing will be where the heads are in January, we've never been here before, I'd expect at least one club to have some sort of weird wobble or suddenly find a ton of good form, someone will be noticeably different and it's the mental impact of the WC break

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smg said:

Here's a crazy idea. What if they were instructed, after a fairly decent break, to take it easy to avoid any unwanted injuries? Is that really so hard to consider? The evening was about Whittingham, not Villa or Cardiff.

I'm not surprised by the result. We were never going to spoil the party on an occasion where the club that gave him his most years, paycheck and family life we're paying homage. Under O'drweary, Peter, like Davies, was a player you scratched your head at at times but the results were better with him in the team. Like Steven Davies, a player who you thought needed to be subbed but came into their own later in games. I guess when teams tired but at least those two got the chance.

A lovely local lad and sorely missed.

• Like 1

On 30/11/2022 at 21:43, Beastmix said:

Absolutely. I was there and you could tell the players were never out of 1st gear. Testimonial level of intensity.

It really was just a glorified training session.

Thank you.

Did anyone honestly expect us to there and smash them 5-0?

I'm proud that we could help his foundation, family and all those at both clubs who miss him dearly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â