World Cup: Matches

Genie

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

He’s Xhaka level for me. 

If he’s not English but from Scandinavia etc. then no one gives much of a shite about him. Certainly nowhere near a £100m player.

Said many times so has Zatman he's a throw back DMC physical and puts himself about hes definitely not a modern pivot in a possession hungry team, his movement and use of space when we have the ball is shite

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Best England have played n years and we’re losing 

Yep. Probably our best competition performance under Southgate this.

Still got Henderson, Foden well off it as well.

Henderson off now for Grealish. Put Foden into midfield. If he continues to stink it out, put Maddison on for him after 10 mins, not 30.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

As a midfielder he commits the cardinal sin for me of not playing on the half turn. He gets the ball and unless he's in acres of space his first inclination is to pass backwards or sideways. In a few years once his pace starts to go a little bit he'll fall off hard unless he develops this aspect of the game.

Pace, Rice ain't got no pace, you obviously not seen him run.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Agree he's not the finished article but far better than Sterling and Saka.

To be fair yo him sterling's record for England is decent

Foden is a better footballer but done nothing for England imo maybe expecting too much but I don't see the lightning in a bottle that he's made out to be

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Yep. Probably our best competition performance under Southgate this.

Still got Henderson, Foden well off it as well.

Henderson off now for Grealish. Put Foden into midfield. If he continues to stink it out, put Maddison on for him after 10 mins, not 30.

We’ve looked shaky at the back. Overwhelmed in the middle and created no clear cut chances. 
We haven’t been terrible of course but I fail to see this great performance?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair yo him sterling's record for England is decent

Foden is a better footballer but done nothing for England imo maybe expecting too much but I don't see the lightning in a bottle that he's made out to be

It's one of them ain't it, could he do it on a cold night for Stoke, what he does at City.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

It's one of them ain't it, could he do it on a cold night for Stoke, what he does at City.

I honestly don't watch enough to city yo know anymore if he is the next Gerrard / lampard / Scholes

I can see he's a good player but wouldn't say I've even seen him show more than grealish

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Best England have played n years and we’re losing 

If that's the best Englang have played in years, we must have been dreadful for all those years. We're getting into great positions, but then we're far too indecisive. We need to be more quicker with the ball , France are getting too much time in defence to see what's in front of them.

• Like 1

I hate how much we analyse such opposition and Safegate decides it's all about them 

Morocco are smashing it as they are - we don't care who the opposition is, this is who we are.

They have an identity. About time we had one and a manager brave enough to give us one.

It's working brilliantly in cricket.

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

If that's the best Englang have played in years, we must have been dreadful for all those years. We're getting into great positions, but then we're far too indecisive. We need to be more quicker with the ball , France are getting too much time in defence to see what's in front of them.

Yes that’s England