World Cup: Matches

Genie

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Gonna get some crap from CONCACAF though. USA , Canada and Mexico automatically qualify. CONCACAF will get 3 qualifying spots along with 2 playoffs. Step up El Salvador and Jamaica. 

Yes, agreed - this time you'd have had Costa Rica (who did win a game to be fair!), Panama and Jamaica. Jamaica have a couple of good players but a terrible defence and we know how bad Panama were four years ago, so admittedly North America is the one with the steepest drop off in quality. 

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

I disagree. This is the best world cup in 4 years for me from round 1 to 3.

Can we agree to disagree?

Well, now that you've changed it to just the best WC in 4 years, yes! 🙂

• Haha 1

All this chat about was the ball over the line or not, can someone please tell me about the German goal in the other game.

Cannot recall if it was the 2nd, 3rd or 4th !, but when the ball was played in two German players were yards offside, one of the offside players scored, yet VARS's thought it was ok!......

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets forget the dislike for the germans for a moment. They were robbed.

With the VAR now that **** stinks.that was never a goal. Makss you wonder if they punishing them for their "silent protest"

Are you talking about the Japan goal vs. Spain?  The ball didn't fully cross the line, so it absolutely was a goal.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

While true Oceania will have a full place now and New Zealand are not a power like Australia that its fully guaranteed

Not so long ago Tahiti got into the Confederations Cup

Oceania should be disbanded and rolled into other confederations. I felt the same way when Australia was in it and when we left. 10 of the smallest countries in FIFA + New Zealand. 

It's fun to see all of social media learn about depth perception in real time. What looks over the line from one angle is firmly on the line if you looked straight down on the ball from above. The only angle that matters is the one that absolved Japan of any wrongdoing, but we haven't been given that angle yet. 

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

That is the amazing part with this new VAR. Ball looks out of play in 90% of the angles. Maybe I missed it but did they show a picture like the one below?

image.jpeg.b2dfbebe4e52d647daec3095bf886761.jpeg

Seems like camera trickery to me support their argument that it was the wrong call

I know we should be happy as when we got screwed against the germans with lampards goal but had var been here now that goal never would have been disallowed 

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure how that hasnt crossed the line on this image ?

Screenshot_20221202-093422_WhatsApp.jpg

It would help if you weren't using the worst angle possible

5804.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=f124f29ba18b374f7c6fb0ac53edff99

The ball has to fully cross the line, it hasn't so ball is still in play, and the goal stood.

• Like 2

They need 2/3 frames either side of that image, because that image might not be the furthest point the ball was in it's path.

But I don't care, I think that photo is all you need, therefore Germans out. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

They need 2/3 frame either side of that image, because that imagine might not be the furthest point the ball was in it's path.

But I don't care, I think that photo is all you need, therefore Germans out. 

Literally millimeters in it.  Japan deserved to go through IMO, they beat Germany and Spain.