World Cup: Matches

Genie

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

It would help if you weren't using the worst angle possible

5804.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=f124f29ba18b374f7c6fb0ac53edff99

The ball has to fully cross the line, it hasn't so ball is still in play, and the goal stood.

This is the best image of it. It's extremely close but it doesn't appear to have fully crossed the line. 

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

There are people who are paid to talk about the sport on TV who don't seem to understand this, so I'll give the odd fan not knowing a break. It's tragic really, paid handsomely to spread misinformation and conspiracies

In the end I wish the ITV post match had gone on longer. It was building up into a proper conspiracy theorist mad house in the studio. I bet Sounness hasn't slept a wink.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

It would help if you weren't using the worst angle possible

5804.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&s=f124f29ba18b374f7c6fb0ac53edff99

The ball has to fully cross the line, it hasn't so ball is still in play, and the goal stood.

The worst angle ever and your showing me a angle that shows exactly the same thing brilliant 👏 😂

That still shows the balls crossed the line

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

In the end I wish the ITV post match had gone on longer. It was building up into a proper conspiracy theorist mad house in the studio. I bet Sounness hasn't slept a wink.

Lets be honest, we all want to see a Souness vs Infantino punch up at the final

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The worst angle ever and your showing me a angle that shows exactly the same thing brilliant 👏 😂

That still shows the balls crossed the line

Do you understand that ALL of the ball has to cross the line?

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Do you understand that the entire ball has to be over the line, drawing down from the widest part of the ball, not just the part that touches the grass?

Because if you realise how the rule works, and you still think it's out, I don't know what to tell you

Zoomed up still looks over line

so dont make out as if its that blatent. Its awfully closeScreenshot_20221202-121926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c7e34afc365beefd52684160e2701cbf.jpg

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I don’t know guys. Pretty conflicted. Does it set a precedent going forward. The over the ball angle is the gold standard and trumps everything else. When did this become gospel. On the other one it looks way out. 

When they wrote down the laws of football

• Like 4

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I don’t know guys. Pretty conflicted. Does it set a precedent going forward. The over the ball angle is the gold standard and trumps everything else. When did this become gospel. On the other one it looks way out. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Zoomed up still looks over lineScreenshot_20221202-121926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c7e34afc365beefd52684160e2701cbf.jpg

Ok. It isn't.

And if you could move to the right slightly so we're actually parallel with the line rather than looking at an off angle slightly looking onto the ball, it's even more clearly in.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

That’s **** bollocks 😂😂 he’s manipulating the angle by looking over the ball. No idiot the whole ball is over the paper. 

Why do you think that's the angle that "manipulates" it rather than the one you think proves otherwise?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Complete hatchet job but this is the best i can do to explain

Screenshot_2022-12-02_at_12.18.27_24.png

Perfect example of how close it is so i dont need condescending posts to make me look like im dumb when it looks like whole balls over the line