World Cup: Matches

Genie

It’s a weird one for me, very good performance all in all so won’t be critical, without context.

But they’ll be the same people who have been defending past awful performances against the lesser sides by saying look at the results defending the result today with the performance. End of the day for me the calibre of these England players need a better manager to reach their potential.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He's a top player who has a skill set different from any other England player. When things aren't going your way, you try something different. Even when he was arguably the best player in the Country he was hardly getting a look in. You sound to me like you're hating on him for leaving us.

Read the grealish thread, I'm one of his biggest fans

I just don't see what grealish has done in the last year to jump the queue, sterling has a better England record, rashford is in better form

If it was the euros I'd be banging the drum but after the last 18 months his deserving of anything has gone imo he's slipped back in to the crowd and is lost in the noise

Aston Villas grealish is better than foden and saka and should be starting, man city's grealish isn't better than sterling and rashford and was lucky to make the squad

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's always too conservative for England. Same as he is at City now. Never takes shots or goes on mazy runs. Its like he's had his wings clipped. 

He'll never play as well as he did at Villa. 

I agree with you but I was being a sarcy  bigger 😀

45 seconds from Garth for the only player in the squad who can take people on and really make stuff happens is criminal

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think Grealish really needs to do more when he gets the opportunity 

I thought he was excellent. 

It will certainly bump his thread up a few hundred times 😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah. I've no idea why people think he might be gone. 

TV people have been trumpeting his tournament finishes. I say he's had the best set of players we've possibly ever had at a time no national team is standing out and he's won **** all. 

England had an arguably better squad in the 2000s and we've literally just lost to the national team that is standing out.