World Cup: Matches

Genie

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Feels like the interpretation of the rules changes every 5 minutes at the moment. Should have stood for me

but if he hadn't been there, the player would've left it to go off for a goal kick. so him being there forced him into an action. and as he was offside, the goal shouldn't have stood

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but if he hadn't been there, the player would've left it to go off for a goal kick. so him being there forced him into an action. and as he was offside, the goal shouldn't have stood

Where was the opportunity to leave that for a GK?

An onside French player challenges for the ball and it lands at a now well onside Griezmann, that’s what I’m seeing anyway.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Where was the opportunity to leave that for a GK?

An onside French player challenges for the ball and it lands at a now well onside Griezmann, that’s what I’m seeing anyway.

That's not how it happened, it was out the picture.

I saw it as Griezmann was well offside and it was the same phase of play, as the only touch after the cross was a defender heading it into his path.

It could be argued, and is probably true, that the defender with eyes on the ball had to play it thinking that Griezmann was still behind him, so the offside man affected the play.

Isn’t the phases of play part open to interpretation? If his teammate who we challenging the defender had touched the ball instead and headed it down to a now onside Griezmann, I guess it would be a goal.

Poland approaching the game thr polar opposite to how Saudi Arabia did. Low block everyone behind the ball and Lewandowski is hopelessly isolated, just feels like a matter of time before Argentina score if they keep surrendering all impetus to them like this.

Can’t remember who the players were but I remember a Villa player once got punched straight in the face by the goalkeeper on his way to punching the ball and it was no foul.

That pen for Argentina is one of the softest pens ever.