World Cup: Matches

Genie

3 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Under Southgate, England reached a World Cup semi-final for the 3rd time in 88 years & a Euros final for the first time ever. They lost to Italy because 3 very highly paid players bottled penalties.

It wasn't about the penalties. We defended from 20 minutes at 1-0 up, yet again Southgates poor tactics lost us the game. If we carried on attacking, game would have been won, no penalties. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

How do you post gifs? I want a post a gif of a big angry yawn.

is there such a gif, of a big angry yawn?

I can’t even imagine what that looks like

It's not possible 

morning-yawn.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If we do win, it will feel very much like the Villa win over Southampton earlier this season. I’ll be glad we won, but won’t have felt any joy from it. 

Ah, joy is entirely overrated. I learned a long time ago that there are large swathes of the British Isles where joy has been banished, along with neanderthal, eurasian aurochs, and PJ & Duncan. 😉

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

How Henderson has had an England career, I will never know. He's absolutely useless. 

He was a good player once upon a time. Somewhat underrated tbf. Not top class. Against elite like Croatia he was found wanting but he good engine good technique and played forward and front foot.

That man is gone. Spends most the game doing a Delph shouting at others to do his job , can't get around the pitch

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It wasn't about the penalties. We defended from 20 minutes at 1-0 up, yet again Southgates poor tactics lost us the game. If we carried on attacking, game would have been won, no penalties. 

And if he hadn't picked a load of nervous, young players who had just come on the pitch and barely touched the ball to take the penalties, we still might've won them anyway.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

So... If the US win 4-0 do they top the group or is it goals scored? Bit more interesting if the US topped the group lol. 

USA still has plenty of time to lose or draw this. I genuinely feel worried for the Iranian players and their families. I wish they could defect. 

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

As a pedant, all we really want now is your opinion of Tom Kerridge's recipe for steak and ale pie.

Did Southgate fine the players for scoring 6? The players don't look like they want to push forward and sustain pressure.

Where teams are going to sit deep against us why isn't he playing Jack and Foden? They can create space.