World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Belgium remind me of us, full of talent, shit coach. Although they are another team that beat us a walking pace last time we met.

Nah we would beat them now. I actually don’t think we’ll see much of Belgium in the next few years. Like do they have any good young players coming through? 

Martinez doing the classic national team manager error of having too much faith in his elderly players and waiting too long to play the next gen ones. Their starting 11 had a average age of almost 30, it showed.

Vertongen, Alderweireld, Meunier, Witsel and Hazard are well past it.

• Like 2

Just now, foreveryoung said:

We couldn't beat USA or Hungary, are you sure??

Yeah cus at least we show glimpses here and there that we have clasd attacking play. This Belgium team have literally f all up front 

3 minutes ago, Giro said:

Nah we would beat them now. I actually don’t think we’ll see much of Belgium in the next few years. Like do they have any good young players coming through? 

They have some talented ones in De Ketelaere, Verschaeren, Doku, Onana and Theate but they will need time and has barely gotten any time by Martinez. Think they will have a dip unless those guys all take a leap at the same time which seems optimistic.

15 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's criminal Belgium are performing like this with the talent they have.

A prime example of what having a crap manager does to you.

How much talent do they have? They have 2 world class players, KDB and Courtois.

After that it's decent or even average players mixed with has-beens.

59 minutes ago, Giro said:

Faes, theate, doku, Openda, De Ketelaere, onana, Lavia,… there’s still talent, but it’ll never be as good as the squad of 2018.

Edited by AXD

4 minutes ago, AXD said:

Faes, theate, doku, Openda, De Ketelaere, onana, Lavia,… there’s still talent, but it’ll never be as good as the squad of 2018.

How they never won anything is beyond me.

Okay, bad coaching, but still... that team. woof.