World Cup: Matches

Genie

10 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Or if both Mexico and Argentina win and gd is favorable.

Edit: I have this predicted. Please make it so...

I'd prefer them both to advance just for the spectacle. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought they dominated and after 30 minutes collapsed

Their spirit was sapped after the goal. Their legs looked gone too. 

More of their players need to move away from Liga MX if they want to get better. 

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Garry Neville excudes arrogance. The ignorance of the commentator too. Mentioned that Poland and Mexico can still qualify, no mention whatsoever of Saudi Arabia. Unreal.

He has an air of entitled status that he didn't have before. I have less time for him these days. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yes, and they look completely toothless. 

It's one of the worst Mexican sides I've seen for years. Dunno why they didn't take Chicharito, who might be old but can at least score sometimes. As I said after the last game, Lozano is exciting to watch but has no end product, and basically every other player is a clogger. Disappointing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's one of the worst Mexican sides I've seen for years. Dunno why they didn't take Chicharito, who might be old but can at least score sometimes. As I said after the last game, Lozano is exciting to watch but has no end product, and basically every other player is a clogger. Disappointing. 

It is disappointing. Even though I'm supposed to hate them, I don't, and I'll always root for any CONCACAF side in the World Cup.

Mexico should do what Australia did in 2006 and leave their confederation. Sure, they are easily qualifying from CONCACAF but they are undercooked. Beating El Salvador and Honduras might get you here but no exposure to this level of competition in qualifying ( the states aside ) They’ve shown they can compete with South American sides when they’ve got invited to take part in various copa America’s. I know it would seem ridiculous as qualifying would be harder but what good is it getting here playing nobody. 

Just now, maqroll said:

Germany really up against it. If Japan beats Costa Rica, and they should, and Germany loses to Spain, Germany is out!

I don’t see how Germany can turn it around to be fair. Agreed, i expect Japan to win. I don’t think there’s a gear in Costa Rica - they just aren’t very good. 4th in CONCACAF qualifying. Belgium to beat Morocco. Herdman to regret saying “ Canada gonna **** Croatia up “ He actually said that. Croatia manager wasn’t a bit impressed. They know they played poorly against Morocco. Those comments surely will fire them up a bit. 

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 21:05, MCU said:

Post match interviews they seem quite happy with the point. Very odd. No doubt this has come from Southgate. Bet he’s hugging em all in the changing room.

Too busy tugging Mount and Henderson off

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When I heard " McAllister " I thought the commentator had made a mistake and named a scottish or british player.

Who is this lad?

Plays for Brighton 

Edit: Been there 4-5 years I think

Edit 2: Only found out he was Argentinian a year or two ago myself.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When I heard " McAllister " I thought the commentator had made a mistake and named a scottish or british player.

Who is this lad?

He scored against us in our last game 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1