Serra Tumay

DeadlyDirk

18 hours ago, Thug said:

Exactly.

utterly bizarre.

unless she doubles up as the ball carrier to save some money

Not completely insane though, if a player is flagging or they feel off in their usual energy levels, or getting a cramp early etc. she can advise on getting them something to fix the balance of sugars/minerals in the blood to try and get them back to 100%.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not completely insane though, if a player is flagging or they feel off in their usual energy levels, or getting a cramp early etc. she can advise on getting them something to fix the balance of sugars/minerals in the blood to try and get them back to 100%.

I don’t think you need a nutritionist on the bench to suggest the same advice each time.  What to do in case of cramp is one time advice that applies for ever (or at least until new research changes advice).

What you’re suggesting is like having a doctor on the bench in case someone needs a paracetamol so that they can give the advice that you can take 1g of it.  Maybe we should have a tailor on the bench in case someone’s shirt rips?

No.  It’s one time advice. If you get cramp, take a glucose and electrolyte rich drink.  Applies every-time for everyone.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

I dunno I bet the supplements they give them are personalised these days down to the mg of the different ingredients based on what they've been eating, blood tests etc. 

My thoughts too, as well as the optimum time of the match to ingest them....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, handsworthlion said:

Glad to see she has her own thread. Definately would.

I definitely would, not sure about definately though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, romavillan said:

I dunno I bet the supplements they give them are personalised these days down to the mg of the different ingredients based on what they've been eating, blood tests etc. 

well I suppose the fact that she’s on the bench would suggest you’re more likely to be right than I am, but it still doesn’t compute in my (not elite athlete management) head.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, romavillan said:

Possibly, but I wouldn't think that'd mean they actually have to be on the bench to monitor. Still, I don't mind, and it might be one of those 'we're a **** team' things. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I did notice a woman of about the same age as her in Arsenal squad also being on the bench as well, not sure if she's a physio or also a nutritionist. 

• 2 months later...

You will find her role will be around pre, in game and post game nutrition. When a player comes off during a game, giving them food to start the recovery process, hydration and electrolyte maintenance during game etc. testing etc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QldVilla said:

You will find her role will be around pre, in game and post game nutrition. When a player comes off during a game, giving them food to start the recovery process, hydration and electrolyte maintenance during game etc. testing etc

Whats wrong with a pint and a cigarette?!

Â