Danny Murphy, Esq

est1874

Since he comes up on here a lot and appears to be obsessed with Villa, I thought it was time this radish had his own thread. 

There are several ex-professionals working in media now who don't seem to like us but this can usually be traced back to something or other, i.e. Robbie Savage for obvious reasons, Souness also as we dared challenge Liverpool supremacy when he was captain there. So wtf is Murphy's problem? Apart from being a wrong'un that is.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

I don't mind him, he just seems a bit naive and from that I really don't expect anything from him too intelligent so it's all good. A bit like Gabby, but in a Liverpool shirt.

Souness on the other hand, he clearly has the brain but hates anybody that's against Liverpool. He would be happy with us if we pull our pants down and let Liverpool beat us 7-2, just not the other way round.

Not one to get personal about someone I don't know but a friend of mine was at University up in Chester (He's a Liverpool fan) back in the 2000's when Murphy was playing for them and he'd always defend Liverpool players and the club as if it was his own children. He'd bumped into Danny Murphy a number of times though and the only way he could describe him was "arrogant knob" or "absolute prick" - basically went around town with no consideration for others, just a really unpleasant person who had/has no time for anyone.

Edited by DeadlyDirk

3 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Not one to get personal about someone I don't know but a friend of mine was at University up in Chester (He's a Liverpool fan) back in the 2000's when Murphy was playing for them and he'd always defend Liverpool players and the club as if it was his own children. He'd bumped into Danny Murphy a number of times though and the only way he could describe him was "arrogant knob" or "absolute prick" - basically went around town with no consideration for others, just a really unpleasant person who had/has no time for anyone.

Why am I not surpised.

8 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I just imagine Dammy Murphy in his day to day younger life criticizing nightclubs for being too loud or having to queue at the supermarket

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I just imagine Dammy Murphy in his day to day younger life criticizing nightclubs for being too loud or having to queue at the supermarket

I think the younger Danny Murphy thought he was entitled to skip any queue as that's the picture that's been painted to me!

2 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I think the younger Danny Murphy thought he was entitled to skip any queue as that's the picture that's been painted to me!

And then probably complained about it 

• Haha 1

Just saw the clip absolute dreadful expertise. He said he was poor at Arsenal which while wrong is an opinion but then he said he did some research and found out that he actually has quite a good record

mind boggling

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

Since he comes up on here a lot and appears to be obsessed with Villa, I thought it was time this radish had his own thread. 

There are several ex-professionals working in media now who don't seem to like us but this can usually be traced back to something or other, i.e. Robbie Savage for obvious reasons, Souness also as we dared challenge Liverpool supremacy when he was captain there. So wtf is Murphy's problem? Apart from being a wrong'un that is.

i think we're seen less favourably by neutrals generally. for reasons unknown i think other fans love to hate us. the media then jump on that because it gets clicks/likes

it's not just a danny murphy thing. it's pretty much everyone on talksport too

maybe it's because we're shit at the moment...people just love watching big clubs languish at the wrong end of the table

in the lockdown season when we were playing well pundits loved us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Just saw the clip absolute dreadful expertise. He said he was poor at Arsenal which while wrong is an opinion but then he said he did some research and found out that he actually has quite a good record

mind boggling

Heard this today on Talkshite. Still sticking to his guns that Emery is a failure though??

I dont mind him to be fair, at least you get what you see, tells you stories about himself no other footballers would, straight down the line, admitted not to good as a pundit though.

The thing I remember about Murphy as a player was a quote from Curbishley when he left Charlton

"I imagine Danny's social diary will be that much fuller now he is a Spurs player rather than a Charlton one, because they get invited to more film premieres than our players do.

"Danny's got what he wanted but he didn't need to tell everyone he went to a bigger club. I am disappointed by the whole thing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/curbs-in-rage-at-mouthy-murphy-577011

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â