Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Honestly I’m still pinching myself at this. I can’t believe it. 

There are no guarantees of course, but when you hire someone with such a body of success, the odds on that person being successful reduces significantly. 

I read some rubbish today (not on here I might add) about his “failed stint” at PSG. Apparently you can’t fail there. Well the media darling Poch failed to win the league in one of his seasons there, Emery didn’t. 

I dont want to risk the wrath of mods by going OT and talking about other managers. But with all the names mentioned I thought Emery was the pipe dream. 

I’m blown away. 

Ah yes, the “failed stint” of winning a domestic quadruple. The most classic of all damp squibs.

2 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Just seen the new Darren Farley Unai Emery video, can't bring myself to post it. It's awful.

See the thing is with him, I used to catch the odd Stevie G video every now and again before he came to the villa and I thought they were pretty amusing.

Then Stevie G came to the villa and I would see everyone that he released, and they got very boring very quickly, the odd thing would be amusing, mainly when he was ripping into Mingsy for being useless but the majority of them were terrible.

Now I've just seen his Unai Emery video and my god, it is awful, I don't get how it is in any way supposed to be Emery to start with, it was actually pretty damn embarrassing 

19 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Let’s be honest… even this time last season… we never, ever dreamed of getting such a high calibre, highly successful manager…

Am I dreaming? 🤣

I think it’s time to start to…

Dreaming?

2022-2023: FA Cup champions, qualify for Europa League

2023-2024: Europa League champions, qualify for Champions League

2024-2025: Rematch vs Bayern Munich in the final. "Oh, it must be! And it is! Ollie Watkins!"

I think the most relevant team to look on in Emery's impressive CV is Sevilla. They are a similar sized club to us- 6th most successful club in Spain, 42 odd thousand stadium,  one of the oldest established clubs etc. In his 3 seasons in charge they came 5th, 5th, and 7th- which I think most would take right now let alone the 3 Europa cups lol.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I some how never find this dude that funny 🤷🏽‍♂️

I am a sucker for a funny impression and I don’t think this guy has anything to him whatsoever. Don’t understand how he has any presence.

Â