Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why? It’ll be the same stuff we always hear, the lads are training well, I’m surprised at the good quality here, it’s a period of transition etc etc

Then we get spanked by United on the weekend.

Elizabeth banks the muppets miss piggy GIF on GIFER - by Opinrad

25 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why? It’ll be the same stuff we always hear, the lads are training well, I’m surprised at the good quality here, it’s a period of transition etc etc

Oh ok, my mistake

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m glad I don’t share the same view , I’m looking forward to the positive fresh start along with giving Manure a run for their money 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

If all we have to whinge about is his accent.....I will be over the moon.

I think it gets embarrassing some levels of humour source.

I don't know who these morons are, but leave our manager alone to integrate with the club.

maybe, he should speak in spanish, and the better educated amongst us can learn the language....the others can sit there, dumb.

I couldn't care less about the accent.  His work on the team will speak loudest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Also have to remember that he was previously immersed in London when learning English. I doubt "apples and pears", "dog and bone" and "me old China" appeared much in his English textbooks*.

Very confusing for the fella.

Im sure he'll be fine with "bab", "cob" and "gambol"

• Like 1

I hope we do, but I don't think we'll get the "new manager bounce" with Emery.  His approach is methodical and for the longer-term implementation of an actual plan and style.  It will take a while.  We will need to be patient.  My guess is that we won't see the real fruits until January/February....

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm really excited to see his first starting lineup.

And if McGinn is in...

Unai OUT! 😜

But seriously, excited to see it.

I'm actually most interested to see how he works with SJM. Not necessarily starting from the off but over time see how he uses him/if he can improve him. 

I think we might see a different player if his instructions are not just limited to "f**king hoof it son as far as possible". 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

I hope we do, but I don't think we'll get the "new manager bounce" with Emery.  His approach is methodical and for the longer-term implementation of an actual plan and style.  It will take a while.  We will need to be patient.  My guess is that we won't see the real fruits until January/February....

I get what you're saying but I differ slightly.

For all the stick SG gets....he did get some good games and tactical discipline out of this lot at times. ( Especially against the top sides )

Ironically, his largest deficiencies were in the more common-sense decisions and in game management.

I reckon Emery will make the common sense tweaks to probably have us performing much better immediately.

In his little interview, I noted where he said " We do have the players who can play with high energy " etc.

I agree with you on the whole though, he's essentially been given the remit and " keys " to the club for the longer term IMO.

Which will be a gradual process of both coaching and personnel to get it right over an extended period.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chine said:

I’m glad I don’t share the same view , I’m looking forward to the positive fresh start along with giving Manure a run for their money 

I'm hoping for that too, although it's perhaps too early to expect him to have been able to get the team playing at the level they produced against Brentford every week. I just hope they can in time, cut out the Newcastle type of "none performance". The team should all be busting a gut to impress him on Sunday, as long as they do this I will be happy enough whatever the result, although I would love to take a point or even three. 

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I couldn't care less about the accent.  His work on the team will speak loudest. 

I feel exactly the same. Most of us would struggle to make ourselves understood in Spain, so he's a big step ahead of us. I think that if our players have over time, become able to understand our current captain's accent for example, then they shouldn't have too much more difficulty in understanding our new boss either. The onus is on them as much as on the boss to work upon their communication. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Yes, a bit like Arteta needed time at Arsenal. 

I think his English has improved immeasurably. Again, all English speaking people from the basque region sound the same. It has that cut to it - that central and southern Spain hasn’t. Xabi Alonso very much like Emery. Arteta too but to a lesser degree probably due to the fact he’s been in England so long. There will be no problem here. 

• Like 1

Reading an article earlier on the daily mail website. Seemingly under Gerrard, sessions were short and players were home with their families by early afternoon. They’ll be waiting around at Bodymor a lot longer with Emery 😊

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Can't get over the fact we've got Unai **** Emery!

Me too. I’m a realist too though - im anticipating we might not hit the ground running and the real fruits of his work ( at least with this group ) might not be seen until after the World Cup. 

• Like 1

Ok, so certain small clips that were shared from the Emery interview make his English out to be a little ropey. But I've just watched the full 7/8 minutes, and his English is actually very solid. As someone else said as well, it's refreshing that he actually believes in what he's saying! You actually have faith in him to put across good ideas.

Edited by Tom13

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Ok, so certain small clips that were shared from the Emery interview make his English out to be a little ropey. But I've just watched the full 7/8 minutes, and his English is actually very solid. As someone else said as well, it's refreshing that he actually believes in what he's saying! You actually have faith in him to put across good ideas.

where can i see the full 7 mins?

17 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Reading an article earlier on the daily mail website. Seemingly under Gerrard, sessions were short and players were home with their families by early afternoon. They’ll be waiting around at Bodymor a lot longer with Emery 😊

Probably because Gerrard was i a rush to commute back to Liverpool.

• Like 1

Â