Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, jayEm said:

It’s so telling that every Villa fan you speak to will say the same thing of Emery — we just don’t deserve him. This is not a sentiment common to football fans but Unai is no common football manager.

Nah. He is exactly what we deserve. After having so many charlatans in the last 40 years we finally get an ownership that understood you need to aim high and then go and close the deal. He is our first chance of punching our weight in an age. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Haven't we put up with some rubbish until Unai?

A key comment. He hasn't accepted anything but a stint by the players. I'm glad Arsenal binned him as we have seriously got the result of that. Both Ubai as Emi. Absolute brilliance

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

If he doesn't win manager of the season it will be a crime.

If Luton stay up it has to be Rob Edwards but if not I agree

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

If Luton stay up it has to be Rob Edwards but if not I agree

Even if Luton stay up Unai still deserves it more if we finish top 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

A key comment. He hasn't accepted anything but a stint by the players. I'm glad Arsenal binned him as we have seriously got the result of that. Both Ubai as Emi. Absolute brilliance

It's Unai as in Unai 

Not ebeining as in evening

Edited by colhint

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

We have to show this guy as much love as possible. Thought the banner in the Holte against Lille for his 1,000th game for a nice touch. Would love to see more of that sort of thing.

I've said this before. The lure of Barca or Spain might be great. The club I'm sure will do everything to keep him. But if he knows the fans love him that might not be the tipping point but it would help. 

I suggested a while back we could have some gofundme, without the club's knowledge, so if it comes off, he knows it's only from fans. I was thinking  and if we can raise a grand, there is a vineyard Hiruzta winery in Hondaribbia in spain, his home town. Maybe contact them  for a few cases of Casa Villa Unai. Perhaps with a claret and Blue label

• Like 2

That's only the second game Arsenal have lost at home in the league all season. And we'll be the only team to do the league double over them this season. It's impressive against any Arsenal side but this version of Arsenal is the best we've seen in probably a decade, so even more so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caravella82 said:

We do deserve him though. And he deserves to be at a club where supporters appreciate him.

Villa should never have become a club where inexperienced Managers are given a chance to prove they can manage at a higher level. Owners should have viewed the club as belonging to the highest level but last time that happened was with Big Ron as a league title then became a possibility.

You are right though. Emery isn't just a common Football Manager. He is one of the World's best.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Nah. He is exactly what we deserve. After having so many charlatans in the last 40 years we finally get an ownership that understood you need to aim high and then go and close the deal. He is our first chance of punching our weight in an age. 

👏👏👏

We’ve made far too many stupid and pathetic appointments… it’s embarrassing tbh.

But… this one was a complete and utter masterstroke… a match made in heaven…

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I wonder is he buzzing that he’s **** up Arsenal’s title bid? Or not bothered, and is already watching repeats of the Lille game from Thursday 😂

They asked him about that and he said he hasn't even given it a thought. He doesn't care about that, and he's sure they'll bounce back. The guy is just a class act.

Â