Unai Emery

PeterSw

16 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Let me guess, you go for the hotties while everyone else is happy with plain Jane 🤣

We are within touching distance, yes I now want the hottie 4th, not just accept the plain Jane 5th-6th.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Sad to see such entitlement still.

We have no divine right to challenge for CL places or win trophies.

Only reason we are in the CL conversation is because of Emery.

No one is saying this. 

Every fan has a right to question what contributes to poor form. 

Not one fan (that I have seen) has said anything like unai needs to go. 

The rhetoric of "we should be happy when we lose because there's no divinne right to finish 4th" is **** insane

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The very best managers have a plan b when things aren't working..........I want to see if Unai can change things as we haven't played well since Arsenal and Sheffield Utd didn't really give us a game.

But also, most teams will at some stage hit a difficult patch. Crikey even Man City.

We do look uncohesive at this moment, but I have little doubt we will come again.

Unai deserves some criticism for his puzzling tactics, slow substitutions, and keeping the same hapless squad on to seemingly punish them for being poor.

But injuries on a thin squad have taken its toll and no amount of Coutinho's or Digne's in the January window would have helped.

That we've accumulated so many points in the first half is a boon to us to survive this rough patch until we can get our preferred back 4 in place again.

Our explosive form won't return with a back line of Cash, Carlos, Lenglet, and Moreno anchoring our defense.

And there's no amount of looking them in the eye and telling them to fight that will replace 3 central defenders lost.

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not at all.

You would think we are going to miss out on a CL place, something we may never have the chance of again. An as fans, we are feeling the pressure of being one of the big boys, nothing wrong with that at all.

We don't all fit in one box, we all have different personalities and atitudes, an all feel differently about our club and postion, which people sometimes forget on here.  For example, some will be happy with the plain Jane, an some will go for the hottie, even knowing she maybe way out of our league.

This. It may well be the best opportunity we ever have. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not at all.

You would think we are going to miss out on a CL place, something we may never have the chance of again. An as fans, we are feeling the pressure of being one of the big boys, nothing wrong with that at all.

We don't all fit in one box, we all have different personalities and atitudes, an all feel differently about our club and postion, which people sometimes forget on here.  For example, some will be happy with the plain Jane, an some will go for the hottie, even knowing she maybe way out of our league.

It al boils down to what plain Jane will do that maybe the hottie will not 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Football is played in small details, we had early chances, if we scored would have been totally different l. Same after 2-0. Then if we kept it tight would have been as well. 3rd goal changed the whole thing. 

Normally I would agree, but when you see similar effort twice within a week, there is something more concerning going on.

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Football is played in small details, we had early chances, if we scored would have been totally different l. Same after 2-0. Then if we kept it tight would have been as well. 3rd goal changed the whole thing. 

You mean like the Man U game. 🙄

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

It’s hard to take you seriously when you use terms such as disgust and scandalous… you’re either constantly trolling, trying to provoke reactions or enjoying spouting negativity… almost as if you have some kind of agenda…

I’m not averse to constructive criticism of him or the players (I’ve done it) but he has earned and deserves plenty of support, faith and belief rather than inflammatory or petty remarks or over reactions…

I’m not on board with turning on the manager or players after occasional poor performances and results (especially when several/all factors are taken into  account) when we have a heap of positive ones to reflect on… that doesn’t represent support imo…

Carry on… but if you keep posting exaggerated and excessively negative stuff… don’t be shocked and offended when you’re called out for it.

I’ve no problem being engaged on site. That’s what a forum is for and I’m certainly not offended. If anything you are the one annoyed!

You might feel I’m overreacting or overplaying everything. That’s ok with me too but as far as I can see there’s so much apathy on here which needs to be challenged especially whenever players perform well below standard and when it is challenged posters like you react very badly to it using terms like trolling and so on.

Villa’s drop in form hasn’t just been the Chelsea game but several games now which is worrying. I’m not the only one on site stating that but I may be a bit more blunt than some? I make no apology for that. 

That apathy amongst players and fans alike has maybe also contributed to the term ‘sleeping giant’ which you hear so often attributed to Villa. Roy Keane stated Villa never win anything which is incorrect as Villa have a trophy history but for such a big club Villa haven’t won anything in a very long time and have been relegated!

My anger isn’t based just on the Chelsea game  but over the last 5-6. Emery doesn’t seem to have a plan B when teams press Villa and that is also worrying. 

Villa will again be pressed on Sunday by an improving Man U. I sincerely hope Villa triumph and secure a CL place by the end of the season but to do that both manager and team will have to improve recent form.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

We are within touching distance, yes I now want the hottie 4th, not just accept the plain Jane 5th-6th.

Knowing Villa well probably end up with fat Sue from accounts (7th)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, striker said:

I’ve no problem being engaged on site. That’s what a forum is for and I’m certainly not offended. If anything you are the one annoyed!

You might feel I’m overreacting or overplaying everything. That’s ok with me too but as far as I can see there’s so much apathy on here which needs to be challenged especially whenever players perform well below standard and when it is challenged posters like you react very badly to it using terms like trolling and so on.

Villa’s drop in form hasn’t just been the Chelsea game but several games now which is worrying. I’m not the only one on site stating that but I may be a bit more blunt than some? I make no apology for that. 

That apathy amongst players and fans alike has maybe also contributed to the term ‘sleeping giant’ which you hear so often attributed to Villa. Roy Keane stated Villa never win anything which is incorrect as Villa have a trophy history but for such a big club Villa haven’t won anything in a very long time and have been relegated!

My anger isn’t based just on the Chelsea game  but over the last 5-6. Emery doesn’t seem to have a plan B when teams press Villa and that is also worrying. 

Villa will again be pressed on Sunday by an improving Man U. I sincerely hope Villa triumph and secure a CL place by the end of the season but to do that both manager and team will have to improve recent form.

I’ll be interested to see whether you post positively (for a change) when we hit form and blow teams away again…

all I’ve seen is negativity and exaggeration… we are 4th in the PL… how was that achieved? Even when we were doing well, you criticised our better players…

I don’t judge or overreact after a few setbacks or blips… past progress and work has to be taken into account to form a proper opinion… I don’t enjoy losing games but know we can’t win every week and am aware of the limitations in our squad… helps to be reasonable… this is not the time for hysteria…

Whereas I struggled to tolerate the utter shit and dross served up under the Scouse spoofer of a manager we had before…

We have someone who is actually worth his salt this time and he’s proven it repeatedly… 

There’s no point in me repeating all previous points, I doubt you paid much attention.

Anyway, let’s move on…

All the best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

God has determined that Aston Villa does, in fact. It was just announced. Thought you'd want to know. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I’ll be interested to see whether you post positively (for a change) when we hit form and blow teams away again…

all I’ve seen is negativity and exaggeration… we are 4th in the PL… how was that achieved? Even when we were doing well, you criticised our better players…

I don’t judge or overreact after a few setbacks or blips… past progress and work has to be taken into account to form a proper opinion… I don’t enjoy losing games but know we can’t win every week and am aware of the limitations in our squad… helps to be reasonable… this is not the time for hysteria…

Whereas I struggled to tolerate the utter shit and dross served up under the Scouse spoofer of a manager we had before…

We have someone who is actually worth his salt this time and he’s proven it repeatedly… 

There’s no point in me repeating all previous points, I doubt you paid much attention.

Anyway, let’s move on…

All the best.

Just to correct you. After the Sheffield game I posted very positively about the performance and in particular Luiz.

Its a shame you’ve chosen just my criticism to comment on but as you say better to move on.

10 hours ago, striker said:

He does but he has not used it for some reason maybe personnel available.

Take the Newcastle game for instance not great from our perspective relentless energy and press from them.

Last year they played the same and we bypassed the press by going long and put in one of our best performances under Unai.  

Whatever the reasons you have to trust the manager knows what he is doing under the bigger picture his record tells us this.

We all have a moan in different ways when we lose its football even if we are losing during a game see match threads for this!

Unai is a victim of his own success we are ahead of expectations now he needs to manage those expectations and I think he will.

Only criticism I will have of Emery is if we blow a great situation by sticking with the samr system. If you get injuries or lose of form you have to be able to adapt to suit the players you have available. Klopp keeps doing that at Liverpool. If thst means playing three st tye back with Kamara as one of the back three so be it. 

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Only criticism I will have of Emery is if we blow a great situation by sticking with the samr system. If you get injuries or lose of form you have to be able to adapt to suit the players you have available. Klopp keeps doing that at Liverpool. If thst means playing three st tye back with Kamara as one of the back three so be it. 

It’s a good point. 

Emery can’t juggle much, but he can change the system to make us harder to beat. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Sad to see such entitlement still.

Only reason we are in the CL conversation is because of Emery.

It's about ambition though, not just having a que sera, sera attitude. 

Â