Unai Emery

PeterSw

2 hours ago, striker said:

Watched Emery’s post match interview this morning. To tell you the truth I was totally disgusted by it. No real hint of criticism and deflecting the result by saying that Villa are strong in the league.

Placement is strong however recent performances (with the exception of Sheffield) have been poor, really poor. I don’t know what he’s been saying to the players in the dressing room but performances aren’t improving. In fact no changes last night after a terrible first half is basically saying to the players carry on what you’re doing which they did.

Total apathy which is being repeated in recent performances on the pitch. I’ve also read one or two posts on here suggesting Villa threw the game? I can understand that as the players looked totally disinterested last night with few breaking sweat.

For me though Emery needs to start showing the same passion and disgust evident while watching the game last night and throwing several of his players under the media bus. He might then get a reaction.

Show the same apathetic nature and performance level against Man U on Sunday it just won’t cut it with me or many other Villa fans!

Wow. Talk about an over-reaction. You really think that throwing players under the media bus is the right approach at such a critical point in the season? 

You must be a fun boss to work for.

• Like 3

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Well those claims will be rightly ridiculed and I for one will be telling anyone making those calls to **** right off.

Oh of course, I meant genuine in the sense that they'll genuinely believe he should be sacked, not that the claims will have any merit.

• Like 1

Just curious… and for anyone who knows or can be bothered to look… what are the longest “slumps” or runs of consecutive defeats or lack of points during Unai’s managerial career?

Despite the abuse and unfair criticism/pressure on him at Arsenal (something his predecessor also got despite his achievements… not the best of fanbases are they?), he still achieved a high win percentage and a 22 game unbeaten run (and this was when he was new to the league and trying to get a grasp of the language while being constantly mocked and ridiculed)… as well as a EL cup final… and he had nothing like the freedom and control he has been afforded at our club now, plenty of interference…

He is highly respected and admired in Spain, at least, and did a better job at PSG than others managed too… winning 4 EL trophies only increase his stature and respect…

he’s only gained more experience, knowledge and expertise since then…

we are incredibly lucky to have him here…

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Win percentages:

Sevilla 51%
PSG 76%
Arsenal 55%
Villarreal 51%
Villa 58%

Wow

bit mad he's managed a better win % here with the squad he inherited from Gerrard, which quite frankly played like they had never seen each other or a football before, than he got in a possibly less competitive league with Villareal and Sevilla.

13 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Sad to see such entitlement still.

We have no divine right to challenge for CL places or win trophies.

Only reason we are in the CL conversation is because of Emery.

Yeah people calling him shit because they are wetting themselves we might not get top 4 clearly have very **** short memories.

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

bit mad he's managed a better win % here with the squad he inherited from Gerrard, which quite frankly played like they had never seen each other or a football before, than he got in a possibly less competitive league with Villareal and Sevilla.

Higher than any previous Villa manager…

La Liga dominated by Barca and Real… add Atletico to the mix… Sevilla and especially Villareal with far fewer resources… (I think part of the appeal of joining us was our superior resources and potential as well as the freedom and control to go with that and also to show what he can do in PL and ram the criticism of his Arsenal tenure down people’s throats)…

As usual… Unai gets the best out of players, many of whom would be perceived as poor or too limited or even past it… he is special…

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

If we end up finishing 6th this season, I think there will be some genuine calls for him to be sacked, even though if you'd gone back in time to when Gerrard had just been sacked and said "Villa will finish 6th next season", literally every single Villa fan would've bitten your arm off for it.

We won't finish 6th

Just now, Stevo985 said:

At worst

Really!

I thought you were saying we'll be 4th or absolutely collapse to 7/8th!

5th at worst is very optimistic. Fingers crossed!

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Really!

I thought you were saying we'll be 4th or absolutely collapse to 7/8th!

5th at worst is very optimistic. Fingers crossed!

If we collapsed to 7th or 8th then it would be a collapse of Van De Velde proportions. It's not going to happen

Even 6th would have to be a crazy collapse by us and most likely be a freak season in terms of points needed for 5th

We'll be fine

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Everyone was blowing their beans over 2 kids and Morgan Rogers, without really sufficing the immediate needs this squad has. 

Maybe so, but at least we didn’t photograph the disgusting act and make it our profile pic on here, unlike someone…. 👀🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, striker said:

I don’t know what he’s been saying to the players in the dressing room but performances aren’t improving.

I actually do. I got an inside line. He's been chatting with them about the charms of the Basque coastline. It's quite lovely, really.  I suppose Professor Unai probably better get back to talking about football again, but can you blame him for taking a little break? I mean, it's sort of a lot of work, this Premier League thing. Personally, I can totally imagine John McGinn being mesmerised by "Euskadi" and having a bit of "Biscay-style" cod. Mmm mmm.

spacer.png

Â