Unai Emery

PeterSw

15 hours ago, rubberman said:

they seem to have universally as a group gone all in. And it happened really quickly. Great teamwork and a sign of some strong leadership and togetherness in the dressing room. 

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I love that 'tunnel cam' sequence after every win, with the fist pumps and high fives - real band of brothers stuff. Of course, if we hit a bad patch, that will be the real test. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gems in Arsenal Fan TV social comments.

They were talking about his " failure " at PSG to try and use it as an argument in their defence.

I read someone respond that he actually won a domestic quadruple with PSG 😱. I had no clue about this?

Apparently what they wanted was Champions League and that's why he " failed "....

Have they won Champions League yet? 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They were talking about his " failure " at PSG to try and use it as an argument in their defence.

I read someone respond that he actually won a domestic quadruple with PSG 😱. I had no clue about this?

Apparently what they wanted was Champions League and that's why he " failed "....

Didn't win the league in 16/17 as well to be fair. Which is quite difficult to do in a one team league

• Like 1

Guy I work with was working at Arsenal when Unai was there. Says he's a really nice fella and would stop and chat with everyone and was really treated badly by the club. Still likes him even after the weekend's result!

• Like 2

On 09/12/2023 at 12:19, mjmooney said:

I love the fact that Unai looks like Dracula and his brother is called Igor. 

He really is spoilt with affection....I'll bet he is over the Moon, with that, and his wife filled with pride.

I'll say he looks like Elvis. ( even if he doesn't)

I suppose it could be worse, you could have said Frankenstein.

58 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I was thinking this watching the team stroll through the other night.

No doubt it's hard to get yourself up for playing on a park against a team who are retreating. 

Not for Emery! He was up closer to the touchline that I've ever seen, him moving pieces round the chessboard. The drive on the man is a joke. 

He's managed and won huge European finals. Last week he beat two of the best club sides in the world inside three days. Now we're out here in distant Bosnia playing against a team with no stadium and it's just as big to him.

No one is getting away with not maximising their ability. If you won't try to, you're off. We know John boy will give it a go.

• Like 1

I'm starting to hear this emerging narrative from some pundits that we have been lucky with injuries this season compared to Spurs and Newcastle.

It's not as if we didn't lose two key players to ACL injuries in the first week of the season and have been without Moreno and Ramsey till only recently.

Unai and the boys have done an amazing job.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2023 at 07:42, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He’s the most successful manager in PSG’s history.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I'm starting to hear this emerging narrative from some pundits that we have been lucky with injuries this season compared to Spurs and Newcastle.

It's not as if we didn't lose two key players to ACL injuries in the first week of the season and have been without Moreno and Ramsey till only recently.

More to the point we haven’t had the injuries Spurs and Newcastle have because Emery knows how to manage games and a season, not just go 100% from the first minute to the last then be surprised when players are crocked.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Yes, they have very quickly forgotten that we were without four starting players pretty much for the entire season to date. 

Unai has rotated the squad exceptionally but also huge credit for the discipline that has been showed. You only have to look at spurs to see how ill discipline has compounded their injury issues.

We need to bunker down and get through these next 4 games. 9/10 points + would be great and then we have time to regroup in January and hopefully add some very high level reinforcements. 

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

More to the point we haven’t had the injuries Spurs and Newcastle have because Emery knows how to manage games and a season, not just go 100% from the first minute to the last then be surprised when players are crocked.

Exactly. It's hardly 'luck' that we've got a manager experienced and intelligent enough to manage a squad properly, and who can come up with a winning formula that doesn't require players to go full throttle for 90 mins. 

But yeah, poor old Spuds and Newcastle 

• Like 2

Just saw a stat pop up in the Burnley Everton game which had the top teams for wins while having under 50% possession - we were second behind Everton with 6. Was quite surprised, although I guess it speaks to Emery's flexibility.

Â