Unai Emery

PeterSw

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t mean to single this post out mate but the thank you had to say he still the man for you after one defeat sort of sums of football fans. 

Even if it was 4 straight defeats it would be the same

It was more the point unai has my backing 100% more than any manager i can remember 

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Struggling to see where the OTT criticism is, to be honest.

Under previous managers, their threads would be littered with negativity after a defeat. This thread has barely moved since the defeat and overall those posts that have been made are still kinda on the positive side.

Unless people are talking about the match day threads. But unless Villa are 3-0 up after 10 minutes, they’re always terrible. The majority of VT has even given his performance an “average” one. It’s hardly the harshest criticism we’ve seen on here.

There are a couple of fans on Facebook in particular who only pop up with an " When I spoke about these attributes he had in his failure at Arsenal I was hounded out " post after every loss.

Ironically you never see them after a win or any good run/performance.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There are a couple of fans on Facebook in particular who only pop up with an " When I spoke about these attributes he had in his failure at Arsenal I was hounded out " post after every loss.

Ironically you never see them after a win or any good run/performance.

Oh I’m sure it happens on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Just not really seeing it here. Any criticism I see on VT is usually accompanied by sentiments such as 

“I love Unai however…”

“he’ll learn from this” 

“he’s already studying where it went wrong and will have it corrected by the next one”

I think any criticism on here is very minimal and often delivered in a feather light manner. And for good reason, he has more than earned that. I just don’t think he should be immune from ANY criticism if a poster feels the need to offer some.

I basically don’t think anyone, regardless of what they’ve achieved, should be immune from legitimate criticism when it’s warranted. We could win the champions league three years in a row, but following that if he decided to put Bertrand Traore in goal*, I’d expect there to be criticism of that decision.

*obviously I’m saying that as a quite far fetched example of a bad management decision. But now that I’ve said it, I kinda want to see it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Media talk all week trying to link him to a move to Manure, Plop. Meanwhile Nas and Wes make moves to strengthen the bond between them, Unai and the club with the Real Union investment.

I'd call that a 4D chess move.

• Like 4

I think he was genuinely okay with our play against Forest. Didn't take our chances and he wasn't as stroppy because everything more or less went to plan except for not stopping two outside the box shot.

I think, away, we definitely don't play with the same enthusiasm as we do at home. It's far more 'careful' which I think is a combination of some of our earlier poor openings (Newcastle, Liverpool, Legia). Still have some things to do to get the balance of our away approach. Conceding the early goal will keep us out of most of those matches if we keep doing so.

I'm sure Unai will figure it out but the instructions can seem contradictory when we go away - 'stay calm but also be energetic'

• Like 1

On 07/11/2023 at 15:00, DJBOB said:

I think he was genuinely okay with our play against Forest. Didn't take our chances and he wasn't as stroppy because everything more or less went to plan except for not stopping two outside the box shot.

I think, away, we definitely don't play with the same enthusiasm as we do at home. It's far more 'careful' which I think is a combination of some of our earlier poor openings (Newcastle, Liverpool, Legia). Still have some things to do to get the balance of our away approach. Conceding the early goal will keep us out of most of those matches if we keep doing so.

I'm sure Unai will figure it out but the instructions can seem contradictory when we go away - 'stay calm but also be energetic'

You know what.. I agree.. but I think we add Moreno and JJ and we suddenly have that extra swagger to deal with the away games..

On 06/11/2023 at 04:20, Mark Albrighton said:

, but following that if he decided to put Bertrand Traore in goal*, I’d expect there to be criticism of that decision.

*obviously I’m saying that as a quite far fetched example of a bad management decision. But now that I’ve said it, I kinda want to see it.

That's as stupid as playing Chris Samba as a striker. No one would do something that stupid.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 2

Â