Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tinker said:

I can't think of a manager who has turned a team around so much , from bottom 4 to top 5 in 12 months. It's a truly outstanding achievement, is he the best manager in the premier league, he has to be on his record over the last 12 months? 

This guys unbelievable. 

Howe and Emery proof that the need time myth needs to die.

Just an excuse to protect bad managers

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

I can't think of a manager who has turned a team around so much , from bottom 4 to top 5 in 12 months. It's a truly outstanding achievement, is he the best manager in the premier league, he has to be on his record over the last 12 months? 

This guys unbelievable. 

It was a perfect storm - our worst ever Premier League manager was followed by our best (in terms of ability if not achievement, yet).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not even one year.

Not even 38 games.

The **** best of the best of the best.

Currently projected for 80 points this season  :crylaugh:

over the course of his 34 PL games he has accrued 68 points, so if that continues if would be 76 actual points over his 38 games (spread over 2 seasons).

blimey.

76 points last season would have had us 3rd.

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The best way to describe us under Emery is that we've basically been under a perpetual new manager bounce. I suppose that's what it looks like when you have a world class manager.

I did think this the other day, in a fever dream. What if this is the bounce, what does normal look like? Even though it's been a year I cannot admit to myself that this is sustained and normal for this team. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Had one of my chelsea mates message me sayong its only a matter of time until emery ends up at chelsea.

Reply was laugh emoji

Then his reply is

If chelsea want him they will get him. My reply

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Delusional as ever. Thing about Unai is, he wants total control of the club. What’s going on at Chelsea with that Boehly fella is the total opposite. Amazing how fans of clubs like Chelsea have so little ability to reflect on their own club!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

over the course of his 34 PL games he has accrued 68 points, so if that continues if would be 76 actual points over his 38 games (spread over 2 seasons).

blimey.

76 points last season would have had us 3rd.

It would have got us top 4 in the last 10 seasons, 3rd most of the time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Delusional as ever. Thing about Unai is, he wants total control of the club. What’s going on at Chelsea with that Boehly fella is the total opposite. Amazing how fans of clubs like Chelsea have so little ability to reflect on their own club!

Exactly. He has full backing and full control. He has great owners who will back him. And he's got us on a steeply rising path, a great squad and massive players still to come back. There is literally 0% chance he would leave this to go to Chelsea. I'm certain he fully believes he can take us into the Champions league and beyond. And I believe it too. 

He's going nowhere. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'll throw him a back handed compliment, I think he does better with clubs out kind of size than he does the big top table clubs, your reason is probably why

Can sit there and say Chelsea will come for him, or real Madrid or even man City when pep leaves but I don't think that's him, his time at Arsenal and psg is probably some of his most
disappointing (that time when all he did was the treble and lose a European cup final...)

Maybe it is blind optimism but I'm not convinced he'd go to one of the super league mega clubs, I think what we are and what we're trying to do genuinely pairs brilliantly with who he is, there's nothing for him at Chelsea, it won't click in the same way, his skill set is getting the best out of teams our level

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Exactly 

The arrogance is hilarious 

They were nothing before roman and they are nothing now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'll throw him a back handed compliment, I think he does better with clubs out kind of size than he does the big top table clubs, your reason is probably why

Can sit there and say Chelsea will come for him, or real Madrid or even man City when pep leaves but I don't think that's him, his time at Arsenal and psg is probably some of his most
disappointing (that time when all he did was the treble and lose a European cup final...)

Maybe it is blind optimism but I'm not convinced he'd go to one of the super league mega clubs, I think what we are and what we're trying to do genuinely pairs brilliantly with who he is, there's nothing for him at Chelsea, it won't click in the same way, his skill set is getting the best out of teams our level

I would expect he would take on Real Madrid if offered, I think he’s been quoted as saying that’s the ultimate manager position or something similar? (and who would begrudge him the chance?) but I genuinely can’t see a Chelsea turning his head. It would be Arsenal all over again. I suspect he will feel he can achieve anything he wants here anyway.

Â