Unai Emery

PeterSw

I really hope Unai feels (even more) love and adoration from us fans and feels even more assurance that he chose the right club and connection with the support… that we’re the perfect match…and sticks around for a loooooooong time…

worlds away from the disrespect and mockery he experienced in his last PL job, they never realised what they had…

Edited by Jas10

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He’s good… he’s very good… he’s… exceptional…

And he’s absolutely transformed us! In such a short space of time… but he’s far from done…

An argument could even be made for him being the best or most capable manager in the league…

He’s not a chequebook manager…

He’s not an egotistical arrogant git….

He doesn’t complain and moan about things…

He doesn’t try to influence or force things to go his way…

He doesn’t berate or disrespect anyone…

He doesn’t act like a petulant child…

He has shown that if you have dedication and passion in your work… you can go a hell of a long way… and you can do it with no lack of class, humility and dignity…

you don’t need to be a “bad guy” to succeed… 

you don’t need to shit on or abuse anyone…

At the very least, he’s the classiest and most dignified manager…

he doesn’t resort to bitterness, tantrums, angry or foolish comments…

he just gets on with the job and regularly  outclasses the others…

He lifts players and teams and gives them encouragement and an education rather than berate them and treat them like trash…

He’s the man 😄

This is the greatest thing i have ever read on VT. Because its all true when you think about it  . 

• Thanks 1

I’m noticing a lot of comments along the lines of “I totally trust Unai’s opinion/judgement on (insert topic/player name) but”.

Stop talking. There is no but. He has got everything right so far, he knows far more than you or I will ever know about the game, and he knows our squad and what they are capable of. 

Baring in mind the changes and complexity of modern football, he is the most skilled manager/head coach that we have ever had at our club, if you say you trust him then trust him.

• Thanks 1

Percy thinks that Villa are a genuine threat to the Premier League elite under Emery's leadership. That's good to hear from a journalist I respect.

Sorry I'm useless at doing links but it's part of a very encouraging Telegraph article on Yahoo. 

Edited by villabromsgrove
explaining lack of link
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Percy thinks that Villa are a genuine threat to the Premier League elite under Emery's leadership. That's good to hear from a journalist I respect.

Sorry I'm useless at doing links but it's part of a very encouraging Telegraph article on Yahoo. 

A few people now seem to think so.

Rory from Talksport ( Chelsea fan ) in particular waxes lyrical about Unai Emery and us to a point where If i was a Chelsea fan I may have  consider where his allegiances lay.

He's the man.

It's a real shame we missed out on a good chance for top 4 last year with both Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool all being below par.

Is Unai good enough to push us up the league even with all those sides on song?

I think so. Do you want to bet against us?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's the man.

It's a real shame we missed out on a good chance for top 4 last year with both Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool all being below par.

Is Unai good enough to push us up the league even with all those sides on song?

I think so. Do you want to bet against us?

Also, they're not going to all be on song.

Not to mention there's nothing to fear from Newcastle or Man Utd either. We stand toe to toe with any of those teams as it currently stands. And our 2023 form backs this up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

I don't like people noticing us, preferred us going under the radar lol

Do not worry. Its only half the media and shellshocked Newcastle fans following the 3 nil that rate us. Everyone else still thinks we are siht

21 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's done a ridiculous job with this whole squad.

He said at the end of season walk about on the mic.....he's only done 10% of what he wants to do.

scary eh.

• Like 3

I think what has struck me, more than anything is.....I thought most managers, would be able to do what he has done at the training ground.

How wrong was I?

On reflection, it appears to me now, some of these managers are stealing a living and very good living, too.

• Like 3

How we ended up with this situation is beyond me. Elite coach with elite backroom staff   i remember 2 seasons ago when Deano and all his coaching staff went to the fitst Brentford home game before we played Watford and left a woefully underprepared team back at the hotel. We then went on to lose 3-2. And played appallingly.

Now we have hotel meetings the night before games. Coaches doing group and individual meetings ensuring everyone is prepared for the game. Its a world apart from what we had .  He earns every single penny of his large salary. 

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

How we ended up with this situation is beyond me. Elite coach with elite backroom staff   i remember 2 seasons ago when Deano and all his coaching staff went to the fitst Brentford home game before we played Watford and left a woefully underprepared team back at the hotel. We then went on to lose 3-2. And played appallingly.

Now we have hotel meetings the night before games. Coaches doing group and individual meetings ensuring everyone is prepared for the game. Its a world apart from what we had .  He earns every single penny of his large salary. 

And he deserves an even better contract 

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Now we have hotel meetings the night before games. Coaches doing group and individual meetings ensuring everyone is prepared for the game. Its a world apart from what we had

It's almost as though players have to earn their salaries now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

It's almost as though players have to earn their salaries now.

from the comments from the players they really like it. almost like the last management didnt earn the salary

• Like 1

Â