• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Get cracking on the statue. 

Let’s sort the flipping badge and stadium expansion first! 🤣

That’s taking us long enough! Let’s not add to the “to do list” 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I initially took this as people not willing to stick the boot into Stevie G but after a few listens, it's just a hammering home of how Unai and his team work compared to all management teams that have been through the club. 

I cringe thinking back to how I wanted Poch first and Unai as second choice. 

This dude is elite and deserves all we can throw his way because he'll be throwing it back ours. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I initially took this as people not willing to stick the boot into Stevie G but after a few listens, it's just a hammering home of how Unai and his team work compared to all management teams that have been through the club. 

I cringe thinking back to how I wanted Poch first and Unai as second choice. 

This dude is elite and deserves all we can throw his way because he'll be throwing it back ours. 

I wanted Poch first too. Still a great manager but I couldn't think of a better fit for us than Unai.

• Like 1

Great presser from unai - interesting . A important summary

● mcginn joined him as captain so will remian captain it seems

⚫️ thrilled with diaby signing also mentioned him playing as a forward

⚫️ said happy with squad balance but focus is now on selling/loaning out players  but didnt rule out a few more coming if right opportunity comes

⚫️ prefers to play two cbs but may use 3 at times. Also said carlos is part of his plans

⚫️ mcginns not as fast as diably. Shocker

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Great presser from unai - interesting . A important summary

● mcginn joined him as captain so will remian captain it seems

⚫️ thrilled with diaby signing also mentioned him playing as a forward

⚫️ said happy with squad balance but focus is now on selling/loaning out players  but didnt rule out a few more coming if right opportunity comes

⚫️ prefers to play two cbs but may use 3 at times. Also said carlos is part of his plans

⚫️ mcginns not as fast as diably. Shocker

Is there a link anywhere?

"At the beginning we were trying to add different players to our squad, a centre-back, midfielder and a striker, winger. Some players as well will be leaving and at the end of the transfer window in August we are going to be ready for something that can improve our team, and players can leave as well."

"Pau Torres is giving us, defensively and offensively… the build-up was very important last year and I want to improve in it. We can face the season with four really, really high level centre-backs because I think Konsa and Mings played very well last year and they were amazing, Carlos is also going to be very important next year and Pau Torres is adding a new quality as a centre-back and trying to be strong."

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Despite being an android, who doesn't need sleep and gets his energy from football. He seems like a really good guy who speaks as openly as he can. 

He's elite, down to Earth but doesn't come across a prick like Guardiola, Klopp or Arteta. 

After growing up a fan in the mid to early 90's, it's great to see us back as a real force again. 

I've had messages from mates (Utd and Arsenal fans) who are saying this is next level on top of previous signings and both are thinking we're going to break top 4.

He doesn't overdo superlatives or exaggerate either.

Just straight to the point.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The video is on main site mate of that helps

Oh thanks, I barely ever think of going on the OS 😆

Skipper McGinn discussed how pre-season preparations are going, the arrival of Villa’s three new summer signings and the desire to continually improve ahead of 2023/24.

You can watch the full press conference below…

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/22/the-presser--emery-and-mcginn-preview-summer-series/

Â