Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think if we can take this team and add to it with the players Emery wants and needs.

So many young players here who can improve too. JJ, Luiz and Kamara for example. Bailey has improvement. Duran obviously. Konsa is learning fast.

" Doug post-match...

"We want to play in the Europa League. The atmosphere is crazy. I'm so happy to be here and play in Villa Park. It is a dream. We are training hard every day for this objective. We believe in Unai Emery and we're so happy with him."

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant think of a manager that has united the fanbase like unai has.

Literally everyone loves him.

He's united the Villa fanbase in a way no other manager has done in my 22 years following Villa.

• Like 4

Love the bloke and the best bit about it he’s such a genuine and humble person. Would be easy of him to let it go to his head with what he has achieved in the game.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Basically, he's had us in fairly comfortable Top 4 form for two thirds of a season now.

It's certainly no "we are 9th in the form table [tied with 3 other teams] since Gerrard took over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Whenever we're under a spell of bad pressure I never worry like I did before. I always think "Unai will sort it out", and he normally does. When was the last time we had a manager with the ability to quickly react to tactical changes multiple times within the same game?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s official, this is the best season we’ve had since getting back in the Prem and it hasn’t even finished yet. All thanks to Unai, what a guy 

And little more than Half a season. I want here in 10 years time (and myself, obviously).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Spurs fans want him.... 🤣

As if he would ever leave here to join that dumpster fire.

I am genuinely surprised that he hasn't been officially linked with either Tottenham or Chelsea as yet.  He is likely to be better or as good as anything either of them end up with.  I am very pleased he's ours. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Apparently we hadn't beaten Spurs at home since 2008 (is that right?)

Also six home wins in a row, first time in 30 years.

Record breaking goal streak, beating UTD for the first time in 27yrs st VP. 10 game’s unbeaten in the PL since the birth of Christ and I’ve lost count of the number of clean sheets. 

Record breaking machine, It’s almost like 30yrs of frustration has all been resolved in 8 months. 

No point waiting, just get the statue built. 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s official, this is the best season we’ve had since getting back in the Prem and it hasn’t even finished yet. All thanks to Unai, what a guy 

Tbf mate, you’re underselling it - it’s our best points haul since 2010!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

And he did it with the Slippy G handicap.

Â