Unai Emery

PeterSw

Another great presser from Unai. He is so thoughtful and considered. He respects everyone but backs himself and his team to have the answers to win the game. It will be tough tomorrow but Unai will set us up to win. Hopefully we will get the job done again.

It’s interesting that he said we want 2 players for every position next season. I think we will see quite alot of movement in the summer but for once, we will be building from a solid foundation. I really trust Unai to make the right decisions in relation to who comes in and who leaves. Selling Ings in January was a great bit of business. I will back him whatever he decides 

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is proof nice guys don't finish last  . Look at how chilled he was on Tuesday when they got the penalty awarded in the last minute. We all know other managers who would have been berating the officials and going mad  especially when Ollie was given rhe red.  

Just watched the presser after being out at the Oswestry iron works place all day with the sproglets (off topic but well worth a visit)

He talks so well, liked what he was saying about how he wants us to improve, when pushed about a striker. I also like what he was saying about having 2 players per position. He also mentioned about it being a family and you can already see the team spirit is there, I’d argue even more so than in the Smith era. 

This man wants to build a very, combative and competitive squad and I for one can’t wait to see how he does it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

But Ollie only got shown a yellow didn't he?

Yep a yellow, and when the penalty was overturned the ref rescinded the yellow so he didn't get it. You clearly saw the ref gesture no to the yellow.

8 games left, 8 points away from our best finish since promotion (47 vs 55).

Emery taken us from our worst points total after 13 games since promotion (12 points/13 games), to currently better than any previous season after 30 games (since promotion).

unreal.

image.png.84300cb40e663d2dd9b8c47f19351b94.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â