Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You'd think a stat account would stipulate that this is league only. United beat us in the LC in November.

And that in a stat that is essentially applauding his unbeaten record…they’ve decided to use a picture from the Man City defeat <_<

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And that in a stat that is essentially applauding his unbeaten record…they’ve decided to use a picture from the Man City defeat <_<

Stevenage defeat as well...

• Like 1

The one thing we can say that we havent been able to in years about a manager is that the jurys NOT out on him. Theres not much you can throw at him other than the cup losses. 

We are going to have some games where we lose because the opposition is simply better,  but we can see clearly the progress being made for once. In terms of tactics and identity we can all see what he is doing and why he is doing it. And in terms of players being better than before we can see Luiz Kamara Mings Watkins and McGinn clearly improving. Great to see. We have some really talented players at our club. And emery is bringing in the consistency to allow them to shine . 

• Like 2

On 24/03/2023 at 20:06, Steero113 said:

I agree, I'm 35 in two months but this was a photo of me after the Southampton defeat after 12 months of Gerrard...

World's oldest man' celebrates 146th birthday and says patience is key for  long life | The Independent | The Independent

He had a perfect record against Southampton comprising two home wins (4-0 and 1-0).

Edit: I would like to add that I am not an apologist for the slippy one.  My disappointment concerning his sacking was that they didn't let me do it!

Edited by Stephen_Evans

I’m all in!! Because of the attitude and style he has implemented.. they’re both totally sustainable.. when we get to the point of challenging the top four.. which we will soon, there will not be a drop off in March like with MON.. and we will still be able to compete in the cups..

.. anyone who has to manage will see this to be true..

He is the best manager since we were the first division champions

The other really good thing about his appointment is that improvements will have to happen quickly . As much to keep him interested. There will be no more keeping our powder dry i don't think. The owners obviously offered him the financial backing to get back into Europe. And if he is managing our club to hit the targets set by the board then he will be expecting the backing in return. 

Next year is likely to be his first year out of Europe unless we can go on another big run. I doubt he will be happy to go without for 2 seasons. 

This is why we might sell players we did not expect to . To strengthen other areas and remain within ffp rules. We have to be in a rush now and with pretty much half the average revenue of the normal big(ger) 6 we have to think outside the box and make big decisions.  Selling one of our best players for say 50 and then buying 2 at 25 each from the spanish league might well be the way Emery wants to go. 

Â