Unai Emery

PeterSw

It was by no means perfect yesterday but the seeds are definitely there for all to see. We want to control the game and it’s great to see a team with an identity. Play out, pass pass pass, then explode in the final third. If we don’t have the ball, it’s yours to get. I love it.

I’m 48 and have enjoyed some of the Taylor, Big Ron, Little/Gregory and Smith years but this has the feeling of being different somehow?  I wouldn’t have put any of our past managers in the elite box but I would with Emery. He just knows the game, knows how to win and most of all, knows how a team should play. It’s not based on individual brilliance or luck here but a collective. Everyone has to contribute in a game and that’s what we’re seeing, and it can only get better. 

Can’t wait for our next game, the games after that and then an exciting summer. UTV

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

A mark of the imprint he leaves mentally on a player too i think . He knew they were struggling a bit at home, were pandering to the crowd a bit and rushing their work. He’s took the sting out of that and got them to be far more relaxed. 

Absolutely. Talking of players, you can see massive improvement in quite a lot of lot of them. When you think of the improvements collectively, individually, and in terms of the points tally, it’s just staggering what he has been able to achieve under 5 months (less if you take into account the WC break) 

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

What I really love about it is how he’s making it work with mostly the same players Smith and Gerrard had at their disposal (bar Moreno).

They look like different players don’t they.  Which is why the thought of what we could look like after a couple transfer windows is so exciting. 

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

If he'd have been with us since August, we could have qualified for Europe  

I still have absolutely no f***** clue how we got knocked out the FA Cup though. He is a cup winning manager. Hopefully we will give the cups a proper good go next season.

We can win something under him.

I think he simply miscalculated team sheet and possibly didn't account for the fact Villa are entirely capable of throwing a game away in a blink of an eye. Of course for us fans this is nothing new but I'm sure it was a moment where he thought "so this is what I'm dealing with" 😆

As we haven't got anything to play for it will be a good test to see if emery's winning mentality is transferring to the players. If we look like a team who has already mentally left for the beach then it hasn't, but if we are fighting for every point up until the end of the season then that will be a positive sign it's working. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

As we haven't got anything to play for it will be a good test to see if emery's winning mentality is transferring to the players. If we look like a team who has already mentally left for the beach then it hasn't, but if we are fighting for every point up until the end of the season then that will be a positive sign it's working. 

I dont think any players mentally on the beach would be here next season

• Like 1

I could be totally wrong here but Emery strikes me as the type of person that’s pretty loyal in management. As time goes on there will obviously be talk of him either being approached by someone bigger or he may just end up on an awful run of games at some point, or just missing his native country? However, he appears heavily invested in our project and the board probably love his professionalism, and infectious appetite for the game.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

If Emery can get this level of performance out of the team he inherited I can’t wait to see what he does after a summer of smart recruitment! 

Agreed but will probably be 1-3 players not the 4-5 straight into the first team many fantasize about

11 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

If Emery can get this level of performance out of the team he inherited I can’t wait to see what he does after a summer of smart recruitment! 

This.

A couple of better attacking options and this team is challenging for Europe next season as mad as it sounds. 

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I could be totally wrong here but Emery strikes me as the type of person that’s pretty loyal in management. As time goes on there will obviously be talk of him either being approached by someone bigger or he may just end up on an awful run of games at some point, or just missing his native country? However, he appears heavily invested in our project and the board probably love his professionalism, and infectious appetite for the game.

He’s more or less seen out his contract at every club he was in the final year of his contract with Villarreal that’s the only time he’s jumped ship. As for missing his native country well he’s from the Basque region where they have their own language and culture he moved as a player and as a manager, Valencia and Villarreal where he managed is almost 6 hours away from Hondarribia his hometown. 

He's clearly a superb coach. He's a draw for players too, surely as they know he will improve them. If we can make the right investments in the squad this summer we'll be very competitive next season. We'd be 6th in the table since he joined, tied on points with Liverpool in 5th and just 1 point off United in 3rd. 

It's very good form and it's also a vindication of the recruitment. We've a squad who needed the right coach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just build his statue, give him a lifetime contract on whatever hours he chooses and announce the new North Stand as being named the Unai Stand now.

24/7

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its silly to compare SG with UE

Its like comparing a junior Doctor with a Consultant.

i think you mean street sweeper with a consultant........ 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â