Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

This guy is a miracle worker. Be a shame if the owners don't back him in the transfer window 

Maybe Professor Emery wants to assess the team and squad to see if they have what it takes to improve.

It would be foolhardy to spend a fortune on new players when he has only been here five minutes.

The spending will be there for the Summer, i'm certain of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Interesting to see the evolution of Villa under the Professor Emery in such a short time.

An improved mental focus, a little swagger at times, professionalism.

Its the Unaiversity baby!

• Like 1

If the man continues on this sort of trajectory we finish on damn near 70 points.

I think our current position in the League table, masks just how incredible this points haul has been.

2.28 ppg by my calculation.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

He is doing the exact same as Eddie Howe did.  Got a structure and gameplan that makes us solid and suits our personnel. And this is what happens. A well coached confident but not arrogant team with a few real stars sprinkled in the squad can take you an awfully long way 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Interesting to see the evolution of Villa under the Professor Emery in such a short time.

An improved mental focus, a little swagger at times, professionalism.

Professor Emery should be offered the Lucasian Chair of Tactics given his deep understanding of all things football.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

16 points from 7 games is impressive.

But I think what's even more impressive is having only conceded 7 goals in those games having played Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Brighton and Leeds who all score a good amount.

The data behind it shows it to be even more impressive.

Stats like us having 10 shots or less against us per game on average which is something like the 3rd lowest in the league, it shows it isn't a fluke as such.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If the man continues on this sort of trajectory we finish on damn near 70 points.

I think our current position in the League table, masks just how incredible this points haul has been.

2.28 ppg by my calculation.

It's not impossible, as Newcastle achieve similar with a worse squad over 38 games across 2 seasons. 

• Like 1

Considering I used to just take for granted that we'd give leads away I can't really fathom how comfortable we've looked in defending them under Emery. Against United, Brighton, Spurs and the game today etc I never really had any fear in the final few minutes which makes an enormous change. Seeing a plan and calmness in place to see games out is such a relief compared to what has come before.

• Like 2

Â