Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We are so lucky to have this guy

Mate I just hope most of the fans realise this. I heard some right grumpy shit at VP on Boxing Day. 

17 minutes ago, Starscrem_Prime said:

Going from the last guy to Emery is like swapping your pocket calculator for a NASA supercomputer.

Its like going from betamax to blu ray

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Haha 2

I'm so interested to see how we look against sides that we're not automatically considered underdogs against. 9 points from 12 against United, Brighton (a), Liverpool and Spurs (a) is astonishingly good going considering most we're treating this run as a free hit.

Really doesn't feel like your ordinary new manager bounce either. The guy is serious and you can actually tangibly see what he's trying to do.

Genius!! How lucky we are right now. 

Who'd have guessed. Get an accomplished manager, top draw and hey ho, away we finally go. 

It feels like we aren't a cannon fodder, relegation candidate anymore. Feels like them days are finally over. 

• Like 1

Just now, Indigo said:

I'm so interested to see how we look against sides that we're not automatically considered underdogs against. 9 points from 12 against United, Brighton (a), Liverpool and Spurs (a) is astonishingly good going considering most we're treating this run as a free hit.

Really doesn't feel like your ordinary new manager bounce either. The guy is serious and you can actually tangibly see what he's trying to do.

Agreed, wasn't that a critism of his time in Spain- that he didn't beat the weaker sides enough?

We questioned the Olsen pick but it does seem to have been the right one. Whatever his plan was at the back it involved a week of preparation and it involved Olsen, and it worked. Picked Young over Cash and Young put in a first class performance.

Just an elite manager. 

• Like 1

Buendia on working under Unai Emery: "As soon as they came here, they told us we needed to win more points away from home and playing a top side like Tottenham team away and winning, we are very happy.

So he came in and said “win more away from home”, and they did. I guess it’s the WAY he said it?

• Haha 3

I know this probably sounds a bit silly and maybe even childish, but you can see the leadership skills when we win a game and he just quietly walks down the tunnel allowing all the fans love to be directed at the players. 

Gerrard would have been diving into the fans trying to take all the credit. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Buendia on working under Unai Emery: "As soon as they came here, they told us we needed to win more points away from home and playing a top side like Tottenham team away and winning, we are very happy.

So he came in and said “win more away from home”, and they did. I guess it’s the WAY he said it?

It’s obvious but the players did need to be told 😂

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

We questioned the Olsen pick but it does seem to have been the right one. Whatever his plan was at the back it involved a week of preparation and it involved Olsen, and it worked. Picked Young over Cash and Young put in a first class performance.

Just an elite manager. 

At this point Unai could stick Martinez up front and Buendia in goal and I wouldn't question it.

10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Curious to see it as well. That was one of the biggest criticisms against him from Arsenal fans I talked to. That he thrived off being the underdog and underwhelmed against lesser competition.

Â