Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

really is the content i never knew i needed

imagine gerrard cam. would just be 7 mins of him sunk into his chair looking miserable

Bouba and Sanson hyped for Digne after he scored that free kick was special. 

• Like 2

I reckon he absolutely knows he's good enough to be a top manager in The Premier League. Knows he can trade punches with those top managers we have here and desperately wants to show that after his shabby treatment by Arsenal. 

Shame they're on top from right now, they'll be a really tough nut to crack. I'm sure he'll want to beat them badly. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Honestly, when was the last time you ever, literally ever, saw a Villa team do that in stoppage time when we were defending a lead against a "top" side?

Wizardry.

Unlike the wizard’s sleeve who used to “coach” us. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I've just watched the full 7 minute Unai cam on VillaTV (it's free if you wanna watch it). Talk about infectious! Wow.

Absolutely brilliant. So animated in the technical area. But positively, no throwing hissy fits like so many of the managers. Orchestrating and directing the players like it was a training match.

He is so impressive in so many ways.

• Like 1

I know it's only one game and a handful of training sessions, and we can't  expect that every game, but what  an impact. 

Amazing what a bit of decent coaching and an injection of purpose can do. Reading through  the various player threads, it shows how things are already changing quickly. Suddenly it feels like we have options and a much stronger squad than probably many felt a few weeks back. 

I could only follow the game on radio, but everything  I've  seen and heard suggests players playing to their strengths, and a real determination.

A huge difference between a flexible but clear tactical plan that gives players licence, and what we had before - an inflexible shape where attackers seemed to be expected to stick fairly rigidly to position but then somehow magically come up with plays to unlock defenses.

Lovely stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I reckon he absolutely knows he's good enough to be a top manager in The Premier League. Knows he can trade punches with those top managers we have here and desperately wants to show that after his shabby treatment by Arsenal. 

Shame they're on top from right now, they'll be a really tough nut to crack. I'm sure he'll want to beat them badly. 

Said it when he signed we are lucky he is coming back to England with a point to prove and not just going to sit around and count his money

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said it when he signed we are lucky he is coming back to England with a point to prove and not just going to sit around and count his money

Which is exactly what someone like Rafa or Rodgers would have done.  

20 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I know it's only one game and a handful of training sessions, and we can't  expect that every game, but what  an impact. 

Amazing what a bit of decent coaching and an injection of purpose can do. Reading through  the various player threads, it shows how things are already changing quickly. Suddenly it feels like we have options and a much stronger squad than probably many felt a few weeks back. 

I could only follow the game on radio, but everything  I've  seen and heard suggests players playing to their strengths, and a real determination.

A huge difference between a flexible but clear tactical plan that gives players licence, and what we had before - an inflexible shape where attackers seemed to be expected to stick fairly rigidly to position but then somehow magically come up with plays to unlock defenses.

Lovely stuff

Spot on, I counted over 20 passes for our first goal :D

Â